Bosch Nexxt 500 dryer blinking start button - no start fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosch Nexxt 500 dryer blinking start button - no start fix

My Bosch NEXXT 500 dryer quit today, press start nothing happens and the start button just keeps blinking. Not cool. Reset the dryer, same thing.
    Even so the buttons feel good, my problem was the start button smd tactile switch on the PCB. Cleaned the switch with alcohol followed with Deoxit and the sucker runs like a champ again.
    I like these easy evening fixes!

Whew you dodged a bullet. A very expensive bullet.
    What kind of switch is Bosch using? I can't find pics of the control board. Usually tactile switches are sealed to withstand the PCB wash, so how did DeOxit and alcohol get in there lol.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rcappliancepartsimages.com%2FdbImages%2Fi%2F00003377%2FUser-Control-and-Display-Board-00442246-01016020.jpg&w=256&q=75.jpg Views:	0 Size:	11.5 KB ID:	3159125
      I know, I should know better after all these years here on badcaps, as But unfortunately my phone is dead (went on a two day course), got home, wifey bitching at the dryer and I am tired. Lol
      These tactile switches are not that sealed as it seems. First the tactile wouldn't work, pressed it a few times with a screw driver and it became intermittent. So I drenched the tactile with alcohol and pressed like a mokey 100 times on it. Fortunately the button went into full working order after 2 pushes on the button. Cleaned the alcohol off and put some deoxit on the top and the side and pressed the button again like 100 times. Cleaned the rest of the mess off and put her back together and put a load of laundry to dry in it and let her rip. Works good now.
      I did the same trick to a bad car remote too... and trust me the deoxit goes into the switch you can slightly feel the difference pressing the button.

I suppose I should have changed the tactile out as a proper fix. BUT: It didn't feel like a bad tactile that has a mushy feeling. AND... I am too effing lazy at the moment.
      The main thing is I found the problem fast and easy.

Last edited by CapLeaker; 12-07-2023, 06:57 PM. Reason: added pic

Comment

funny... the "worthless" smiley isn't working?

Comment

a lot of tactile switches have silver flashed contacts.
          great for reliability - until they tarnish!

silver plating causes me so much work,
          old chips from the 1970's-1990's from Texas Instruments have silver plated legs that turn black!

Comment

I think this dryer is now 14 years old and gets abused with 4 kids and a dog. This is the first time it didn't want to work, but the second time being “broken”, The other time it had a squeaky idler and needed lint cleaning out. Other than that it's been a good machine. I remember the tarnished black silver stuff too, there is some gold plated crap that does this too… But for now, the dryer works again like nobodies business…

Comment

I guess someone fixed the “worthless “ smiley. Lol

Comment

Working...
              X