Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosch WDU28560GB/02 washer-dryer - time jumps, blocked door, codes E60 and -09

Bosch WDU28560GB/02 washer-dryer. After selecting the spin program, the clock jumps from 0:13 immediately to 0:05 and counts down the minutes to zero. The pump turns on and the door locks, but nothing else happens, the drum doesn't spin. After the countdown ends, it does not open the door, it can only be opened by pulling the emergency handle next to the filter. No error is shown. When I select spinning and hold my finger in the lower left corner of the screen, after 5 seconds E60 and -09 are shown alternately. What could be the problem? Is it possible to turn on the service mode so that the washer-dryer can perform a test on its own? Thanks.
  • Answer selected by mariukonie at 01-24-2024, 07:09 AM.

its possibly a faulty pcb . did you get it into test mode yet ?
    another thing to try is unplug the heater and see if a different code appears .it might not actually mean heater fault .
    its got me thinking of the 09 .maybe it means 1 of 9 faults . did you try cycling through fault codes ?
    Last edited by petehall347; 12-05-2023, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Comment

E60 is a heater fault .
        The diagnostics mode (accessed by turning the control ring to Rinse/Spin/Drain and holding the bottom-left of the touch screen for 7 secs
        well that's if we can trust the internet .

Comment

Thanks. I've tested the heater element. It seems okay. Is there any was to reset and erase the codes?

Comment

i would think the fault clears when its repaired . did you check the heater for the drier ?

Comment

did you check end to end on the heater or ends to the body?
              most water heater elements fail by shorting to the casing.
              when you take them out you often find they have split open and have rust in them.

Comment

Originally posted by mariukonie View Post
                Thanks. I've tested the heater element. It seems okay. Is there any was to reset and erase the codes?
                How did you test this part? Only because there is continuity inside the element it doesn't automatically mean there is no earth leakage.

Comment

I always had appliance plugged in through RCD. If there was leakage it would trip RCD.
                  I did test resistance between body and heater terminals and it's OL, I know it's different under voltage but RCD would notice it.
                  Resistance between heater element terminals is in normal range.
                  I'm thinking if heater was faulty it should have still do spin cycle.
                  It does go into dry cycle and heats up but not turning drum
                  Does anyone have repair instructions for this Model Number WDU28560GB/02
                  That would really help to test everything and eliminate other possibilities. Thanks.
                  Last edited by mariukonie; 12-05-2023, 08:30 AM.

Comment

its possibly a faulty pcb . did you get it into test mode yet ?
                    another thing to try is unplug the heater and see if a different code appears .it might not actually mean heater fault .
                    its got me thinking of the 09 .maybe it means 1 of 9 faults . did you try cycling through fault codes ?
                    Last edited by petehall347; 12-05-2023, 09:41 AM.

Comment

I don't know how to get it into test mode, can't find any info online, How is it done please?
                      I tried unplugging heater, still the same.
                      Tried cycling through fault codes, nothing. Just one code E:60 -09
                      Just read that these suffer from dryer becoming unsealed and I remember there was lot of moisture on the inside when I took cover off, I just thought it was because it was in garage but it was quite a lot of moisture. It was more than week ago so it's all well dry now.

Comment

Originally posted by mariukonie View Post
                        I don't know how to get it into test mode, can't find any info online, How is it done please?
                        I tried unplugging heater, still the same.
                        Tried cycling through fault codes, nothing. Just one code E:60 -09
                        Just read that these suffer from dryer becoming unsealed and I remember there was lot of moisture on the inside when I took cover off, I just thought it was because it was in garage but it was quite a lot of moisture. It was more than week ago so it's all well dry now.
                        did my instructions not work then ?

Comment

Is there a relay on a board that turns on the heating element which is fubar?
                          Last edited by CapLeaker; 12-06-2023, 05:04 AM.

Comment

this is what it says on elektroda https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic4019313.html

Comment

here is how to use service mode ..
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASHjWsdVTCs

Comment

reset procedure here ... https://diaryofspaces.com/reset-bosch-washing-machine/

Comment

does it fault instantly or does it take a minute or 2?
                                  if it takes a while then maybe it works but the sensor cant see the water temperature rising?

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                                    here is how to use service mode ..
                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASHjWsdVTCs
                                    Thank you so much. This is very useful. I couldn't find it myself. I'll do the procedure and post results.
                                    I got my hands on repair instructions of very similar model I'll go ahead and do all checks recommended and post update very soon.
                                    Thanks for help much appreciated.

Comment

Hi again. Thanks for all help. I've managed to find the problem, it was the motor and motor controller STK5Q4U363J on module .
                                      I got two STK5Q4U363J from Aliexpress, First one didn't work fortunately second is OK
                                      I got second hand motor from ebay.
                                      After replacing these the washer dryer works perfectly.
                                      Regards.

Comment

Working...
                                      X