Pc fan on my t-con board to watch the tennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pc fan on my t-con board to watch the tennis

hi all this is probably a dumb ass question but im hoping theres going to be a simple answer, yesterday afternoon while watching the tennis my LG lcd tv gave me the blank screen but sound was ok anyways after a bit of a poke around and a big desktop fan i narrowed it down to the t-con board and its fine runs great with a force 10 blowing directly at it. ive ordered a new one but wont be hear till tus/wed,so what ive done is hung a PC fan directly in front of the t-con ,it has two wires red, black.12v pos and negative ,and luckly my PSU had two pins that i needed to run it, empty. So now my question is I COULD DO WITH SLOWING DOWN THE FAN, TO MABE 6V OR 8V PREHAPS. sorry was i shouting becase i didnt know how loud a PC fan could be running at full speed, please is there anything i can just cut the 12v pos cable and solder in to cut the power down a bit and slow the fan a bit any advice would be most help full it only needs to be temp thanks paul

Re: Pc fan on my t-con board to watch the tennis

Just wire it to the 5v line should be fine, what Tv is it ?
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

They sell computer fans with a small pot hanging from a wire off the fan. If you don't mind spending a couple bucks for one. I've got 60mm and 120mm hanging around here somewhere.
      sigpicThe Sky Is Falling

Comment

its a LG37lf65 ive just fitted a mainboard not long ago it works fine with out any fans for about five mins or so then the picture just dissapears all voltages at PSU are right when picture goes backlight stays on and sound still there funny thing is wont let me turn it off into stand by with button on side of tv have to unplug it then plug straight back in will do another 5min then off again unless i point a desk top fan at back of tv will stay on all day PC fan worked for about 15mins have had to go back to desktop fan blowing on back been on for over 3hr no problems im not convinced its t-con now

Comment

maybe what you really need to do is remove the heatsink and replace the paste / pad that obviously isnt doing it's job anymore.

Comment

ive tryed that put a big heat sink off a grapfics card with paste made no differance at all

Comment

being as it takes about five mins to go off without fan assist if i hold a board under the t-con and go at it with a hairdryer it shoould break down quicker if its that board it wont damage main board if i assist its shut down with heat will it

Comment

then it may be bad soldering

Comment

Working...
                X