Please help, subwoofer connected to tv, read description below

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help, subwoofer connected to tv, read description below

I've got a subwoofer that I've had for nearly 20 years, it did come with a basic remote which I've lost. It's a generic make of subwoofer, I can't see a brand sticker on it. It comes with 2 speakers.

Question recently I've connected it up to my tv which has greatly improved the sound on my tv, however I'd like to be able to mute the subwoofer when ads come on or just mute it when the phone rings etc. I tried using a cheap all in one tv remote on the subwoofer and the volume button would only work to increase volume but not turn it down or mute it

Is there a way of getting a remote that would work for the subwoofer, I'd be happy if only the mute button worked in a remote for it. See photo of subwoofer below

Is there a way of programming a remote for the woofer given that it doesn't have a brand name on it ?! Or something that could work?
    Attached Files

Re: Please help, subwoofer connected to tv, read description below

any name on the back?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      any name on the back?
      No name, but someone did a reverse image of the photo of the subwoofer and said it's an Amstrad DS304, which does look the same, but I don't remember it being that make when I bought it, I think maybe different companies made the same subwoofer?

Can I get a remote or remote codes for this model to try in an all in one remote that I can program? Or a direct replacement remote that isn't too expensive??

Comment

there are "universal" remotes aimed at audio gear,
        but if they are as hit & miss as the tv ones it may be anoying.

maybe build a simple IR transmitter for a pc or phone and try using a software remote that can do any code.
        LIRC is the thing.
        https://lirc.org/

Comment

Also under the Tamashi name, did the remote look like this?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by R_J; 10-29-2023, 07:02 PM.

Comment

do a manual search with universal remote . if it finds one that does not work properly try carry on searching . and test all buttons as a wrong button might be the one you are looking for .

Comment

There are customizable remotes that can learn any IR and dump it to a file. These however are more expensive, but they can learn anything.

Comment

but he has no remote to teach with

Comment

i did see some replacement ones online but maybe cost more than its worth .

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                    Also under the Tamashi name, did the remote look like this?
                    Yes that remote does look like the one that came with it. I wonder if I can get one, or get a tamashi code that I can enter manually?

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                      do a manual search with universal remote . if it finds one that does not work properly try carry on searching . and test all buttons as a wrong button might be the one you are looking for .
                      A manual search? Do you mean typing some codes in?

Comment

Originally posted by rustinjust View Post
                        A manual search? Do you mean typing some codes in?
                        no typing codes .. no idea what remote you have but mine searches in 2 ways . one automatic the other manual . basically search for where unit turns off and store then test .. lots of times it will work on off but everything else not so move onto searching again .

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                          no typing codes .. no idea what remote you have but mine searches in 2 ways . one automatic the other manual . basically search for where unit turns off and store then test .. lots of times it will work on off but everything else not so move onto searching again .
                          I've got this universal remote which I've had years but don't have manual, any idea how to do an auto search??
                          Attached Files

Comment

See if there are any numbers on this remote, you may need to look inside the battery compartment.
                            It looks like a Plustron URC11E-8A
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by R_J; 10-30-2023, 05:12 PM.

Comment

See if there are any numbers on this remote, you may need to look inside the battery compartment.
                              It looks like a Plustron URC11E-8A
                              There's a sticker on back of remote that says 553014 but nothing inside of battery compartment

Comment

Originally posted by rustinjust View Post
                                There’s a sticker on back of remote that says 553014 but nothing inside of battery compartment
                                hyundai 553014

How to Program Hyundai TV Universal Remote With Code Search
                                If you couldn’t find the key code which works for the device at that time you can setup your universal remote to search mode for the correct one. Its a code in manual which forces the remote into the search mode

First of all “Turn The Device On”
                                Now press and hold the “Setup” button
                                Enter the “9-9-1” (three digit) code
                                Now hold down the “Power Button” on the remote and then press the Channel up them until the device in this case your tv “Turns Off”
                                The above method might take some extra time but it is very important to find your key code. Once you have done the above procedure your remote should be working for all the in functions.
                                Copied from https://universalremote.codes/hyundai-tv/

You MAY be able to program the AUX function for an audio device., don't hurt to try
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by R_J; 10-30-2023, 06:13 PM.

Comment

appears to be only for hyundai tv.s

Comment

https://remotes-world.com/products/a...-dvdhdd-ds-304

Comment

hyundai 553014

If you couldn’t find the key code which works for the device at that time you can setup your universal remote to search mode for the correct one. Its a code in manual which forces the remote into the search mode

Now hold down the “Power Button” on the remote and then press the Channel up them until the device in this case your tv “Turns Off”
                                      The above method might take some extra time but it is very important to find your key code. Once you have done the above procedure your remote should be working for all the in functions.

You MAY be able to program the AUX function for an audio device., don't hurt to try
                                      Thankyou. I’ll give it a try tomorrow. I only want to be able to use the mute button on the remote, if I can get it to do that I’ll be happy. I’ve set up the subwoofer to my tv but when I mute the tv with the tv remote it doesn’t mute the sound from the subwoofer, hence why I’m trying to get a programmable/universal remote to work on it
                                      Last edited by rustinjust; 10-30-2023, 11:28 PM.

Comment

hyundai 553014

Update I’ve tried putting some codes in the remote and what happening is that the remote is making the volume go up with each press of the remote button, but volume doesn’t go down, nor does the mute button work. The codes are ones off that link you sent. I’ve tried some in a book I’ve got too. I’ve tried every button on remote to see what it will do

How can I get the right codes for my subwoofer? Even if I can get a close enough code so my mute button on remote will work

I’ve tried some random codes from list attached and got volume to go up on remote but not down or mute
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by rustinjust; 10-31-2023, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X