Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create a profile for ACHI IR PRO SR (my first time with BGA machine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create a profile for ACHI IR PRO SR (my first time with BGA machine)

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a BGA machine (ACHI IR PRO SR, 2400W IR Bottom and 450w IR Upper) but I don't know how to create the processing profiles. I need to desolder a faulty GPU on a laptop.

As software I was thinking of using this:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...hi-ly-by-psoft

Can anyone tell me the most suitable or common heating curves for soldering and desoldering?
    Thank you

Everyone has to build their own reflow profile based on their geographic location. My desert dwelling profile might now work well for someone in a high humidity location.

I can give you a couple of my lead free profiles. The very first thing you need to do is bake the board to remove any moisture in it. 100C for 24-48 hours is recommended. If you have moisture in the chip or board is will cause delamination. The higher your normal humidity the longer you want to bake the board for.

Pb Free without IHS (200-210 bottom heater)
    R1 1.0 L1 90 D1 80
    R2 1.0 L2 150 D2 55
    R3 1.0 L3 205 D3 40
    R4 1.0 L4 229 D4 90
    R5 END
    Hb 60

This is a new one I made for Pb Free WITH an IHS (210-220 bottom heater). This profile allows the bottom heater to heat over 150C before the top heater kicks in.
    R1 STEP L1 0 D1 90
    L2 90 D2 40
    L3 150 D3 30
    L4 190 D4 30
    L5 220 D545
    L6 230 D6 60
    L7 END
    Hb 60

Be careful about using too much bottom heat. Ive seen people claim to use 280C for the bottom which is way too hot IMO but it could just be their machine works and measures differently. I measure the board with direct contact thermocouples on both sides.

Get a dead board or one that you dont mind killing. Run the base profile and monitor when your machine hits what temps and how long it held there until the next level started. Customize your profile based off that. Ramp up heat>hold for heat soak>ramp up to next temp>hold for soak>when its done cool off at 2-3C per second.. Search google for reflow profiles and youll find some engineering sites that will show you what stages should look like.

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
      X