This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 8FC8 Bios Password Patcher

• ************************************************** ***********************************************
      DISCLAIMER: badcaps.net and its members do no support unlocking stolen or company-owned devices.
      The unlock scripts given here are for personal use only, ie. you accidentally set a password on
      your own machine,you forgot the password you set a long time ago or you mistyped the password
      when setting it and cannot get in again.

************************************************** ***********************************************
      DISCLAIMER: THE SCRIPTS ARE FREE AND ARE INTENDED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
      You CAN download it, use it.I only ask that you DON'T modify it ,sell it or try to make a profit
      from it,and that you please credit the authors for the time and work they put into it.
      I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU DO TO YOUR MACHINE. Making these kinds of
      modifications is risky and might leave you with an unusable/broken machine. The scripts are not
      perfect by any means, and while I haven't bricked anyhardware (yet) I can't promise that won't
      happen to you.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

************************************************** ************************************************

Its no secret that the 8FC8 bios backups can be patched,some of our members can unlock them easily with a hex editor.This has led to a big increase in the number of requests being made,so i have released this easy to use (semi)automatic patching method that automates the manual hex edits.
    The software used is windows only.
    One script has been left out,but will possibly be added to a 2nd release at some point,with an open source hex editor that will run on Mac,linux and windows.

The above disclaimer and the instructions are in the attached README.txt file inside each of the attachments.

After flashing your bios: press F2 to enter bios setup, write service tag, save, restart, press alt+F to exit factory mode.

Do NOT post any bios requests in this thread please,lets keep it clean.If it works for you a thank you message would be nice,or if you can afford a site donation that would also be appreciated.

Code:
    [8FC8] 16,24,32MB Unlock.zip SHA256 Hash: c73470135cf6d055347464f9b7817f9501c4cbfa3dcc565c42db86756490362f

[8FC8] Precision 5570 64MB Unlock.zip SHA256 Hash: 02311017b8a0db761cef30006a7c1c27845f1757e6928003177a97992a261d6b
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-26-2023, 10:04 AM.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Re: Dell 8FC8 Bios Password Patcher

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
    • *************************************************************************************************
      DISCLAIMER: badcaps.net and its members do no support unlocking stolen or company-owned devices.
      The unlock scripts given here are for personal use only, ie. you accidentally set a password on
      your own machine,you forgot the password you set a long time ago or you mistyped the password
      when setting it and cannot get in again.

*************************************************************************************************
      DISCLAIMER: THE SCRIPTS ARE FREE AND ARE INTENDED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
      You CAN download it, use it.I only ask that you DON'T modify it ,sell it or try to make a profit
      from it,and that you please credit the authors for the time and work they put into it.
      I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU DO TO YOUR MACHINE. Making these kinds of
      modifications is risky and might leave you with an unusable/broken machine. The scripts are not
      perfect by any means, and while I haven't bricked anyhardware (yet) I can't promise that won't
      happen to you.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

**************************************************************************************************

Its no secret that the 8FC8 bios backups can be patched,some of our members can unlock them easily with a hex editor.This has led to a big increase in the number of requests being made,so i have released this easy to use (semi)automatic patching method that automates the manual hex edits.
    The software used is windows only.
    One script has been left out,but will possibly be added to a 2nd release at some point,with an open source hex editor that will run on Mac,linux and windows.

The above disclaimer and the instructions are in the attached README.txt file inside each of the attachments.

Do NOT post any bios requests in this thread please,lets keep it clean.If it works for you a thank you message would be nice,or if you can afford a site donation that would also be appreciated.

Code:
    [8FC8] 16,24,32MB Unlock.zip SHA256 Hash: c73470135cf6d055347464f9b7817f9501c4cbfa3dcc565c42db86756490362f

[8FC8] Precision 5570 64MB Unlock.zip SHA256 Hash: 02311017b8a0db761cef30006a7c1c27845f1757e6928003177a97992a261d6b
    Hello SMDFlea, thank you very much for the script.
    I had my difficulties at first but if you understand the logic behind it you will see that it works excellently.
    He took the trouble to write a script that automates the process of unlocking 8FC8.
    Thank you for that.
    You should just make the effort and try it out.
    If it doesn't work right away, just do it again…
    You just have to learn how to use this great tool.
    Read the README.txt thoroughly and it will work.
    The Tiny Herxer also works under Ubuntu 20.04 under Wine, I tried it.

Comment

Great job as usual, SDMDFlea!
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
      all donations are welcome,
      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
      >>>>>
      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Well done good job, thanks very much
        not all understood either but I'll look at it

Comment

hi am using the script and so far i have no succeed,but ill keep triying today,the error at 5mps is normal or only the four steps are needed to work?=

Update, i have succeded to unlock 2 machines with 32mb main bios, the script works !!! Thanks so much
          @smdflea master!
          smdflea
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-08-2023, 06:17 AM. Reason: Merged 2 seperate posts

Comment

Hi, I'm new here and I looked through the script and I'm trying to understand how / why this works.

I see that the script takes the region from 0x1000 with a length of 0x100000, which when analyzed by the UEFITool is the padding after the Descriptor region.

Then you are searching for "00 FC AA" and replacing it with "00 FC 00"

The script does it again for "00 FD AA" and replacing it with "00 FD 00"

The rest just combines everything together.

My question is this:
            Why does this work? is it setting some bitflag that the bios loads up and checks to see if its locked?

The region starts with P H C M, is this the code that runs and is that an opcode for a conditional branch or some other instruction?

Sorry if my questions are dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by blackshift View Post
              Hi, I'm new here and I looked through the script and I'm trying to understand how / why this works.

I see that the script takes the region from 0x1000 with a length of 0x100000, which when analyzed by the UEFITool is the padding after the Descriptor region.

Then you are searching for "00 FC AA" and replacing it with "00 FC 00"

The script does it again for "00 FD AA" and replacing it with "00 FD 00"

The rest just combines everything together.

My question is this:
              Why does this work? is it setting some bitflag that the bios loads up and checks to see if its locked?

The region starts with P H C M, is this the code that runs and is that an opcode for a conditional branch or some other instruction?

Sorry if my questions are dumb.
              Code:
              Why does this work?
              because modification is putting bios in factory mode, used in factory assembly lines.
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
              all donations are welcome,
              see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
              >>>>>
              click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
              Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by retrooo View Post
                hi am using the script and so far i have no succeed,but ill keep triying today,the error at 5mps is normal or only the four steps are needed to work?=

Update, i have succeded to unlock 2 machines with 32mb main bios, the script works !!! Thanks so much
                @smdflea master!
                The error message is there because i removed one of the scripts but i forgot to edit the batch files ,so yes the error is normal .The bat files can be edited to remove # 5 ,and the pause below it.
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-08-2023, 06:26 AM.
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you very much worked a treat

Comment

Does this work with Latitude 7420?
                    Edit: Or rather, I also have the 8FC8 suffix, I am not sure if this is a suffix for the bios version or what. But it seems like my question is answered if I understood that correctly. Please correct me if I am wrong.
                    Last edited by ecdw94; 11-11-2023, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ecdw94 View Post
                      Does this work with Latitude 7420?
                      Yes it does.

Comment

Hello. For dell latitude 5420 work? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by flores View Post
                          Hello. For dell latitude 5420 work? Thanks
                          Possibly.Try it and let us know

Comment

Thank you very much worked on Precision 3541!

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                              Possibly.Try it and let us know
                              Thanks for answer. For now I don't have the interface to read XMC eprom. Only one CH341A. I'll buy RT809F next time.

Comment

Originally posted by flores View Post
                                Thanks for answer. For now I don't have the interface to read XMC eprom. Only one CH341A. I'll buy RT809F next time.
                                The CH341A can read some XMC chips if you use different software. Try NeoProgrammer .

Comment

What kind of wson8 I need? 6x8 or 5x6? Thanks

Comment

Thank you so much and I will try it

Comment

Invalid File Specified

Comment

Is there an updated link to the patcher download?

Comment

Working...
                                        X