LG OLED65B7P-U thin horizontal black line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG OLED65B7P-U thin horizontal black line

I unlocked the tv with a service remote. I can see a thin black line(see attached picture)

i can keep the tv on from 20 sec to 4 min, depending on how much image is being displayed.

high rez images make the tv shut of instantly.

i can play a dvd for a min

that line is on top every image, osd, dvd, menus, factory menus

the line starts on the left side, 8 inches in and ends about 1 inch from the right side

it is not locking up after 5 shut offs

all voltages are good till it turns off

i can turn it on again with a normal remote

can i run a test (pattern) to determine where my problem comes from?

is the osd generated in the main board or tcon?

My question is: is this a bad tcon or main board?

or a bad panel?

cheers dan
    Attached Files

Re: LG OLED65B7P-U thin horizontal black line

its more than likely a panel issue... you might get lucky with some pressure padding on / near the panel tabs in the area.

Comment

Could it really be a bad panel driver or bad adhesion of COF, like LCD?
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Maybe feel the bezel area right where your line starts, see if its warmer there.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback

bad panel driver/tabs or bad adhesion of COF; they are hidden behind an aluminum cover and i would have to dremel the back open to access them.

I will try adding some pressure on the visible conections

if that wont work i will see if the customer lets me disect his expensive piece of garbo

so t con and mainboard are out of question then

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            Maybe feel the bezel area right where your line starts, see if its warmer there.
            I remember the screen stayed cold to the touch

even after turning it on repeatedly

i will test for heat, around the black line if it is shorted

Comment

if with service remote. IN-STOP didn't help then its much driver-T-CON which its lag with handling high resolution. this why the horizontal line not complete from side to side.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                if with service remote. IN-STOP didn't help then its much driver-T-CON which its lag with handling high resolution. this why the horizontal line not complete from side to side.
                In this low light picture, you can see the line. It is there in normal mode too. So you say, it is a (not completed signal or not strong enough signal), that gives this TV an unfinished line.

That sounds better then a COF or banding issue.

Could it also be, that the main board sends an incomplete signal? instead of the t con?

Danke
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dibsrepair View Post
                  In this low light picture, you can see the line. It is there in normal mode too. So you say, it is a (not completed signal or not strong enough signal), that gives this TV an unfinished line.

That sounds better then a COF or banding issue.

Could it also be, that the main board sends an incomplete signal? instead of the t con?

Danke
                  i stooped at yours OP ( I unlocked the tv with a service remote.) what did you mean with it.?

MB had nothings to do with this line. but you said it turn off after few of time when you feed it with high resolution video signal. the most sickness at LG OLED the screen driver didn't load correctly or blocked some time some how. IN STOP to make the TV back to factory condition solve this problem. but now you have this line, which its generated by the driver self which located on T-CON board together. you need to take out the metal cover of the driver T-CON board and load here photo to see which version its.
                  important. if you want to to reset the ribbon cable between T-CON and panel. don't switch them at its places. ( they should be at same order as before.

Comment

ok i will be back with a t con picture in 12h

Comment

I ordered a t con will update, if it fixes the problem

Comment

Originally posted by dibsrepair View Post
                        I ordered a t con will update, if it fixes the problem
                        did you made any further test on the driver ? such freezing it and the line disappear so you ordered the board ?

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                          did you made any further test on the driver ? such freezing it and the line disappear so you ordered the board ?
                          no i did not do such tests. The line is there before anything gets hot, right of the start. I use freeze spray to find components shorting to ground and if a devices's performance deteriorates over time as it is operating.

Comment

new t con did not fix the horizontal line. Bad panel it is. The TV is going to scrap. Anyone want to buy boards?

Comment

Thanks for the update about the panel issue.

But you said this is a customer TV? Why turn it to scrap if it only displays relatively small defect.

Did the customer give you this TV?

Maybe they will pay for your time, but I'm sure they would want to sell it cheap (still working) to someone who would be happy to have it.

Comment

Hi Manitoban

The defect in the panel triggers a safty shutdown, it does not stay on longer then 5 min.

I charge a $50 diagnostic fee.

2 out of a 100 customers want there unfix-able (panel issue/parts do not exist)or (too costly to repair) TV back.

Comment

i saw many OLED with broken screen Horizontal line or vertical too, other complete burn pixel at certain area all never turn off they keep produce sound with damaged picture

Comment

On this TV, the image is the same as before with a new t con.

Comment

is there a way to read an error log in lg tvs?

Comment

The display is defect and beyond repair. This is much different than a "normal" led display.

Comment

Working...
                                        X