Foxconn M7PMX-S LGA775

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foxconn M7PMX-S LGA775

3/5 of these NCC 680uf 4v TMV caps are bulging (circled in gold). The system is overclocked and has been running 24/7 for 3 years. No obvious issues but I'd like to replace them anyways.

Is this the VRM and if yes would the OSCON 560uF 4v 8mm Polymer Capacitors from the badcaps shop be a good replacement?

Taking any recommendations for replacements. Thank you for your time!
    Last edited by Peanuckle; 11-13-2012, 04:16 PM.

Re: Foxconn M7PMX-S LGA775

I can't find specs for the NCC TMV series, but in general mainboards do work better with polymer caps in the VRM, which you have correctly identified in your photo.
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Looks like there's 3 more TMVs above the CPU socket. I would suggest to replace all of the TMV. IIRC, that's one of their problematic brands, along with KZG and KZJ.

OSCON 560uF 4v 8mm Polymer will probably work fine. I would suggest to go with the 2.5V 820uF Fujitsu polys, though (also 8mm diameter). Don't worry about the lower voltage rating of the Fujitsus - they will all be on VRM low side where the voltage on them won't exceed the CPU VCORE voltage (1.2V? or whatever these newer LGA775 CPUs use).

Comment

Replace all of the TMVs with these (https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=79). They are 560uF 4V OS-CON SEPC polies. I use them a lot on MSI boards with OST caps and it works fine every time. The Fujitsu caps are slightly taller and may not quite fit under the heat sink.
        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

the sepc 560 or the fujitsu 820 will both work fine.probably not a measureable difference in performance.you want black n yellow or silver/purple

Comment

Thank you all for the input. I've put an order in for some of Sanyo 560uf 4v polys and will report back after the recap.

Comment

I replaced all 8 of the NCC caps around the CPU, re-overclocked to my previous values (might try to push it further) and have run stress tests. So far so good!

I used a 20/40W Radioshack soldering station @40W and tinned with their 62/36/2 silver bearing solder... the factory solder didn't want to melt. Retinned with some 60/40 and perhaps a little more patience, and all went well.

Thanks again for the responses and thank you for having this forum.

Comment

Nice! Good to see you got it working again .

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                  OS-CON SEPC polies.
                  I just saw a picture of the same board at NewEgg with what looks like Sanyo/Suncon caps. Coincidence.
                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

We're baaack. The VRM caps are still holding strong but now it's the 3 circled in purple that are a problem.

OST RLX 0748
                    1000uf 6.3v

OST RLX 0803
                    1000uf 6.3v

Any recommendations for replacements?

Comment

Rubycon MBZ is slightly better grade than that
                      Pick whatever you prefer, but don't wander too far off the originals spec:

0.034 ohm impedance & 1540mA ripple current
                      Replace all OST capacitors on the board.

This for example: https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...roducts_id=164
                      Last edited by Per Hansson; 05-19-2014, 10:45 AM.
                      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I've got an order in for some caps and hopefully this is the last recap for this motherboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Peanuckle View Post
                          We're baaack. The VRM caps are still holding strong but now it's the 3 circled in purple that are a problem.
                          This is why we always recommend replacing all known bad cap brands at once Those probably got hot because of those nearby FETs

Comment

Working...
                          X