• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bios password remove 850 G3 HP

Originally posted by 5chematic View Post
    Peste, here it is, thanks
    try..
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Unock HP 850 G3

Hallo,

i bought a HP Elitebook 850 G3 with EFI Password Set. I have to remove the password.

a) So I ordered expensive "Brand-New" BIOS Chip from ebay (biosservicecenter) to desolder the old and replace it with the new. Desoldering didn't worked with temperatures 250-350 Celsius. Laptop still worked.

b) Then I soldered 8 tiny cables near the WSON8 chip, backed up the old BIOS with password and written the new (bought) BIOS to the chip still soldered on the motherbord. I did not erased the old chip content. I just "overwrite" it and confirmed by rereading. Hashes are ok.

But since then, Laptop doesnt bring display on, fan at 100%, blinking lights. External monitor keeps blank. No HDD activity LED.

My question to you:
      Is it ok to just rewrite the old chip without wiping/erasing it first?

Attached the old BIOS with password (original):
      Can u please clean the password, so i can reflash and hopefully screen turn on?

The seller of the "Brand-New BIOS Chip"
      Attached Files

Comment

Re: Unock HP 850 G3

Post the new dump

Comment

I was wrong, above u have HP 850 G3_with_password.zip === what i get frome the bios chip seller from ebay

attached: Original with password
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HP_850_G3 View Post
            I was wrong, above u have HP 850 G3_with_password.zip === what i get frome the bios chip seller from ebay

attached: Original with password
            Sticky: HP BIOS unlock tool
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.​
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Thank You! so much my friend. I'll post the results. Thank you! again.

Comment

I tried them all but the password still there. I tried each per each corresponding machine and the admin password still in it. the first one worked at once. Thank you Peste, I really appreciate it. ( when I meant the first one worked at once.. I meant the one from post #36.)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by 5chematic; 10-11-2020, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Try these.

Restore security settings and factory settings after unlocking.
                  Attached Files

Comment

HP BIOS unlock tool worked for me.

Just drag n drop oldbios.bin to unlocktool.exe to get oldbios_unlocked.bin, then flash to the chip.

Thank u!

Comment

Hello RethoricalCheese sorry for my late reply, but I've been testing and trying. I want to thank you so much for your support. the images worked more than fine. except for one little issue... after installing each image, the bios returned the following error:

System Locked
                      Press the power button to restart the system

I have unlocked few HP machines in the past, and there was not a big deal. but not these ones. anyway, your files got me to look into the images. and thanks for your work, because I found the string names I was looking for, but could not find any as string, but I did as a hexadecimals: 41 00 64 00 6D 00 69 00 6E 00 50 00 57. credits for this goes to peste, he guided me to download HxD and how to use it. Thank you so much guys. thank you again.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Were you able to access bios at any point? If so, restore security settings and factory settings to clear rest of the stuff.

Comment

Yes, I was, thank you again, my respects, I really appreciate your help.

Comment

Re: HP EliteBook 850 G3 Admin PW offset in .bin file

Thank you Rethorical
                            HP Unlocker did not worked on mines. truts me, I have used so many times, but don't know why did not worked on these models. I think there was something more on these laptops. but I was able to unlock them, but not with the HP Unlocker.

Comment

Yeah, I know exactly why HPUnlocker did not work on these files. The files I sent you in another topic, were modified manually and should work.

Comment

Yes, yours did worked, but I did get the: "System Locked Press the power button to restart the system" I talked in my other post. Then I took one of your images into HxD and learned how you did it. then based on your images I was able to remove the System Locked and was able to unlock all the other images. Thanks

Comment

please help with hp 850 G3 board 6050A2892401-MB-A01 windbond 25Q128FVPQ ADMIN PASSWORD PROTECTED i maked dump from the chip with CH341A Programmer v1.4 but i'm not sure of this dump is OK because someone on this forum helped to Unlock but not worked no screen no fan spinning only white orange leds blinking i tried many different bin files for 850 g3 still same results. last time used NeoProgrammer 2.1.0.19 there are some settings SREG but don't know ho to use it these settings.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

how are you all reading the BIOS from your 850 G3's? I have multiple different clips, a raspberry Pi, a ch341a...I'm having no luck at all getting a good reading.

Comment

You need a power cycle. Remove battery, attach charger. Turn on laptop, go to F10 at the password screen. Turn off laptop using power button but do not remove charger. Connect programmer to chip and read, modify, write. After finished, remove programmer and charger. Connect battery and charger. Turn on laptop. Go to bios and reset security settings to factory default.

Comment

Thanks RhetoricalCheese.

FlashRom keeps telling me ‘No EEPROM/flash device found’ I have tried multiple clips, ch341a, raspberry pi gpio header, always get the same thing, it’s driving me a little crazy. What’s odd is I have 2 of these laptops that need the password cleared, one of them actually had an error when I booted it up and then the password cleared. Not sure if something shorted or what, because I was never able to read the BIOS off that one either, it somehow cleared itself.

Comment

I'm also not totally confident in my soldering skills. I do have a mini heat gun, which seems to be able to melt the solder to remove the chip from what I've seen in videos. It seems people take it off, put it on the reader and give it some heat to melt the solder onto the board of the reader, more heat to remove it from that board and then again when putting it back on the motherboard of the laptop. Is that correct? I wish there were an easier way, I feel like I'm going to get it off the laptop motherboard and not be able to do anything else with it.

I wish I could figure out how that other one cleared the password, strangest thing. I was trying all kinds of different things to read it with the different clips I have and a combination of the ch341a and raspberry pi, something happened during that process.

Comment

Working...
                                          X