• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abit SA6 successfully recapped - Overclocking

Originally posted by RuKK

And just because I can..
    Geez, you're crazy running at 180FSB Nice job anyway

-w-
    Last edited by Topcat; 03-01-2005, 12:14 AM.

Hehe it'll be crazy trying to get NIC/hdds to run at 45mhz PCI, and a video card to run at 90mhz agp

Comment

HAIL ENGINEERING SAMPLES!! I was able to get a few to run at almost 200FSB!! Gawd I miss those days!! Overclocking is sooo dead nowadays.
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

Yeah, nothing quite like trying to make 50mhz pci stable hmm? Damn I loved my Abit KR7A-Raid.. 1ghz AXIA tbird and a 256mb stick of crucial pc2100.. all the vmods.. *sniff* With a peltier I bet I could get this 667 p3 stable at 900 or so.. I've got upto 1.9v in the bios to play with.. What ram do you suggest for those kinds of speeds?

Comment

I have a batch of Corsair true PC150 which I used for those experiments. It ran hot as hell, but was always reliable at speeds well above 150MHz
          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
          Team Stats

Comment

Did you heatsink it? Probably more expensive than DDR but I'm almost tempted to go looking

Comment

Whoa.. bunch of posts just dissapeared in this thread.. Or is it just me? :o

//edit nevermind.. just moved from forums. Thought I'd broken the rules and gotten my thread deleted for a second there
              Last edited by RuKK; 03-01-2005, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Nope... I split the overclocking part to general, since we all launched way off topic on the overclocking tangent.
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

Oh ok, yeah.. I'm blind. And its late >_>

Hmm I've heard that Crucial pc133 will do 150+, think theres a good shot at that? Its alot cheaper than getting real pc150 or pc166 stuff. Also, what about running a tualatin? I know the board doesnt support them, but the s370 tualatin 'adapters' are so cheap.. Good idea?

Comment

Originally posted by RuKK
                    Oh ok, yeah.. I'm blind. And its late >_>

Hmm I've heard that Crucial pc133 will do 150+, think theres a good shot at that? Its alot cheaper than getting real pc150 or pc166 stuff. Also, what about running a tualatin? I know the board doesnt support them, but the s370 tualatin 'adapters' are so cheap.. Good idea?
                    I've had very good luck pushing crucial CAS2.5 beyond 150. At 155+ it would get flaky. CAS2 wasnt much good beyond 140.
                    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                    Team Stats

Comment

Is that the best option while remaining cheap? What about samsung? Also, how did you keep your hard drives uncorrupted at nearly 50mhz pci? A 66mhz raid card?

Comment

what chipset is that board? The board I did this on (Iwill DVD266u-RN) had manual settings for the PCI and AGP dividers, so I could ramp the FSB, and change the divider to get it as close as possible to the stock PCI clock setting, which was nice, and no corrupted data.

If you don't have those settings, there's not much you can do about it.
                        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                        Team Stats

Comment

Its a i815. All I have is dividers upto 133mhz fsb. I ran upto 190 fsb on my KR7A with the same dividers and never had a problem with quantum or seagate hard drives. How high did the dividers on the DVD266u-RN go? Thats a dual s370 board based on a via chipset, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat
                            HAIL ENGINEERING SAMPLES!! I was able to get a few to run at almost 200FSB!! Gawd I miss those days!! Overclocking is sooo dead nowadays.
                            I'm still overclocking to keep up with newer processors.

If I can't afford an Athlon 64 PC system to build, probably going to get a later Athlon XP model.

Overclocking Athlon XPs (T-bred and Barton) are even easier than Athlon T-birds even with a locked multiplier. Because it's easy to increase the FSB frequency with nForce2 and Via KT400 or later.

So much for an Athlon T-bird 900 mhz processor I have still working, because I wasn't even able to get 1050 mhz stabily.
                            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

32 GB G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVR

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
                            X