Charge a L19D3PDA battery externally from the laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charge a L19D3PDA battery externally from the laptop

Is there a way to externally charge a L19D3PDA battery from the laptop. I have a broken charging port on my laptop and am trying to find a way to charge the battery for it. I have been doing some research and I have found that there is a module, TP4056, that can be used to charge Li-ion batteries. It says it is used to charge single cell Li-ion batteries. The L19D3PDA battery is a three cell battery. Is it possible to use the module to charge my battery and it would just be very slow? Or would that be a bad idea. Is there a different kind of module I can use to charge my Li-ion three cell battery?

Originally posted by Klevjetack View Post
    Is there a way to externally charge a L19D3PDA battery from the laptop. I have a broken charging port on my laptop and am trying to find a way to charge the battery for it. I have been doing some research and I have found that there is a module, TP4056, that can be used to charge Li-ion batteries. It says it is used to charge single cell Li-ion batteries. The L19D3PDA battery is a three cell battery. Is it possible to use the module to charge my battery and it would just be very slow? Or would that be a bad idea. Is there a different kind of module I can use to charge my Li-ion three cell battery?
    Frankly , it's better to repair the charging port , but , if you want , there's another trick you can do and usually i apply this trick for unused batteries for a long period . So basically , this trick is to reform a battery since When the battery level drop down to some critical point , the system will reject it as a bad battery .
    Anyway , with the tip of solder , pierce one hole in each side of the battery (the length opposite sides) gently to reach the positive and negative sides of it .
    Use any 12v adapter , 3.5A. preferably , to charge the cells .
    Since this trick wasn't specifically designed for your case , you have to monitor the battery temperature yourself . When you feel it's warmed enough , it would be at full charge .

Comment

just buy a new charging socket from aliexpress.

Comment

Working...
      X