mutiple videos on dvd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mutiple videos on dvd

im wanting to put a few movies onto a disk, i've seen some non legit dvds with menus and up to 4 movies on at a time!

how would i do this, what would i search for, or which software to use?

thanks

Re: mutiple videos on dvd

I have never done this because dvd are cheap and I like to get the best quality I can.

But, here is a guide using DVD Shrink, but you also need a burning program.
    The Link

report back on how well it works

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatic
      im wanting to put a few movies onto a disk, i've seen some non legit dvds with menus and up to 4 movies on at a time!

how would i do this, what would i search for, or which software to use?
      I always like to use AutoGK (latest version is 2.27) for all my movie, recorded and home video-encoding needs, and VirtualDub for any cutting/editing that may be needed.

It's downloadable for free, and it really is very quick to use and effective at the same time. It uses Xvid4/MP3 by default.

PS. http://www.autogk.me.uk/index.php?na...download&cid=1
      Last edited by tiresias; 05-29-2006, 01:03 AM.

Comment

well thats ok for converting dvds i know how to do that one already, i used to use TMpeg

but what would i do with avi files, lets say i wanted to write 3 movies to a dvd but also have a menu to access them?

or could i just put them all onto a dvd and it would auto sense them from my dvd player?

and.............if i put them on as data would my dvd player pick this up?

thanks for the help
        loving this forum!

Comment

Sounds like you are in need of some DVD authoring software. When I was doing video editing (still have the stuff, just no longer have the interest ) I used a program called ImpressionDVD from Pinnacle. There was another one from Adobe, but I can't remember the name. It would allow you to make layered images in Photoshop and then export them as your menus to the authoring SW. It worked pretty slick, but there is a lot to learn and I have a short attention span.
          "Its all about the boom....."

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drinking.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death.....calm shepherds its certainty"

Originally posted by Topcat
          AWD is just training wheels for RWD.

Comment

well if you wanted to put avi files on a disk then it wouldnt be a compliant dvd so it would depend on the functionality of your player, whether it would play those files. to be compliant you would have to convert the files to dvd format and then you can have your menus. i suppose having each movie as a different chapter.

i remember doom9 from back in the days but i am not very into this stuff anymore.
            http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/avi2dvdr.htm
            capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Working...
            X