ly s1.6kv 54j

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ly s1.6kv 54j

Hey guys new here trying to fix an LG model 42ld520-ud found a bad capacitor. I need to find a replacment but can't find one. From what I can read on it says ly s1.6kv 54j my father downloaded the schematic and it claims to be a 100uf 16v however I can't find one anywhere or even if that's correct any help would be amazing thanks.

http://imgur.com/Z0DNfRh
    http://imgur.com/jO3guC9
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Per Hansson; 02-10-2016, 11:14 AM. Reason: Offsite images uploaded

Re: ly s1.6kv 54j

Panasonic 100 uF 16 VDC 20% 105 C Low ESR Electrolytic Capacitor

Manufacturer Part #: EEU-FR1C101

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...67-EEU-FR1C101

I used this one to recap a LG Flatron L227WTG PF. It works great.

They are available.

Regards
    Last edited by tjg79; 02-06-2016, 02:54 AM.

Comment

After I looked at your picture links, I don't think your original cap is an aluminum electrolytic capacitor. It looks like a tantalum capacitor. You should confirm that. If that is the case, check out the choices on the following link.

http://www.mouser.com/Passive-Compon...z0x565Z1z0x63t

You really need to identify that caps specs so you can get a good replacement match.

Regards

PS - That could also be a ceramic cap. Does your documentation indicate the type of cap? You should download the LG Service Manual for that TV and look to see if the Service Manual gives a more complete description of that caps' specs.

http://elektrotanya.com/

The Service Manual is available for download on the above link. Put the model number, less the "-UD" in the search box and it will appear in the search results. Click on the link and a second page will appear. Wait for the page to finish processing and they you can download the manual. You should see the "....processing" indicated when you first click the page. Wait for the processing to change to: This file is downloadable free of charge: Get Manual. Then click on "Get Manual."
      Last edited by tjg79; 02-06-2016, 03:12 AM.

Comment

I Google'd that part number and I suspect that's a ceramic cap.

Check the cap closely and see if it should read: LY SL6KV 54J.

If that's the case, I don't think that's a 100 uF 16V cap.

It might be something like a 54 pF 6000 V 5% Tolerance High Voltage Ceramic Cap.

If that's the case, then the cap on the link below would likely be a good replacement.

Murata 56 pF 6300 VDC 5% Tolerance High Voltage Ceramic Cap, Murata Part # DEC1X3J560JC4B

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...llgYhaXQ%3d%3d

You've got to inspect that cap carefully and get the inscription correct.

Then you should look up that cap inscription and reconcile the cap specs with what you seen in the schematic.

What is the caps part number on the schematic? Did you correctly match the cap with the one in the schematic? Are you looking at the correct board in the schematic? I don't think the cap pictures and cap inscription match a 100 uF 16 V cap.

Regards
        Last edited by tjg79; 02-06-2016, 04:11 AM.

Comment

I looked up cap C402 on the schematic in the Service Manual, and it does indicate C402 as a 100 uF 16 V cap. However, I don't think that cap inscription is a 100 uF 16 V cap. Check the inscription on cap C401. From you picture links, I don't see that C401 shows indications of heat, so it may be easier to read. From the schematic, C401 and C402 are the same specs.

Then, you should find a spec sheet for that cap. The Service Manual doesn't have a parts list with LG part numbers.

I recommend you call LG Support and ask for the part number for cap C402 and the cap specs. Have their Support confirm that cap inscription with the LG part number.

You need to check this carefully. If you put the wrong size cap on that board, you will get a nasty surprise.
          Last edited by tjg79; 02-06-2016, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjg79 View Post
            I looked up cap C402 on the schematic in the Service Manual, and it does indicate C402 as a 100 uF 16 V cap. However, I don't think that cap inscription is a 100 uF 16 V cap. Check the inscription on cap C401. From you picture links, I don't see that C401 shows indications of heat, so it may be easier to read. From the schematic, C401 and C402 are the same specs.

Then, you should find a spec sheet for that cap. The Service Manual doesn't have a parts list with LG part numbers.

I recommend you call LG Support and ask for the part number for cap C402 and the cap specs. Have their Support confirm that cap inscription with the LG part number.

You need to check this carefully. If you put the wrong size cap on that board, you will get a nasty surprise.
            I downloaded the manual from link you provided it does show that 402 and 401 are the same however I'm positive the burnt cap is diffrent is it possible that the writ cap was installed ? Here is a picture of cap 401. Thanks for the replys I'm just lost lol .

http://imgur.com/VPD1Bb3
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Per Hansson; 02-10-2016, 11:15 AM. Reason: Offsite image uploaded

Comment

Looking at this power supply inverter online the c402 cap spears to be bigger then c401.isn't that weird considering there supposidly the same caps on the schematic. I'm so confused bahhh.

Comment

ok so i called lg support and for c402 there giving me part bumber 0CE107WF6DC wich comes up as a http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...C-/0CE107WF6DC im not sure what to do because that is diffrent then the one that was there. lol

Comment

Originally posted by motormat View Post
                  I downloaded the manual from link you provided it does show that 402 and 401 are the same however I'm positive the burnt cap is diffrent is it possible that the writ cap was installed ? Here is a picture of cap 401. Thanks for the replys I'm just lost lol .

http://imgur.com/VPD1Bb3
                  From comparing the two pictures of caps C401 and C402, and from my current understanding of their label, I think the installed caps are different. C401 appears to be a 22 pF 6000 V 5% Tolerance High Voltage Capacitor.

The downloaded Service Manual does have a different Model Number suffix. But, I wouldn't think that it would be that different from your posted Model Number TV.

This cap replacement requires more research to resolve the discrepancy and assumptions.

Comment

Looking at this power supply inverter online the c402 cap spears to be bigger then c401.isn't that weird considering there supposidly the same caps on the schematic. I'm so confused bahhh.
                    Post the link of what you are seeing online.

The downloaded Service Manual indicates they are the same specs, but your pictures seem to indicate that the installed caps are different specs.

Comment

ok so i called lg support and for c402 there giving me part bumber 0CE107WF6DC wich comes up as a http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...C-/0CE107WF6DC im not sure what to do because that is diffrent then the one that was there. lol
                      The download Service Manual doesn't have a parts list as is typically included in Service Manuals.

Contact LG Support and see if they well send you a Parts List for your Model TV. Tell them you want a complete parts list to include PCB components and devices.

This cap replacement/TV repair requires more research to ensure you are replacing the bad cap with a proper good cap.

You should also discuss the discrepancies in the model service manual schematics and the actual hardware with LG Support and have them explain it.

Be careful before you replace anything.

Let us know what you find out.

Comment

Just looking at pictures of the power supply online and looking at the caps the c402 appears larger http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1889685...bilesitedetail

Comment

I wrote the model wrong up top it's not ud it's ua

Comment

The picture of C401 looks like LY.S1.6KV22J. If that's the case and my understanding of that cap number system, C401 would be a 22 pF 1600 V 5% Tolerance High Voltage Cap.

Comment

I wrote the model wrong up top it's not ud it's ua
                              OK, so there is no discrepancy between your TV model number and the Service Manual model number.

Call LG Support and have them explain the cap label and the Service Manual description depicted in the schematic.

It's not unusual for service manuals to not be correct or production changes.

If you can get a LG Tech Support guy to give you his email, you should send LG Support pictures of the board and the C401 and C402 caps and the page of the service manual with the circuit schematic and have them explain.
                              Last edited by tjg79; 02-06-2016, 01:57 PM.

Comment

I emailed tech support a picture of cap c402 asked for them to explain as to why the manual reads them to be the same but indications on each cap are diffrent hopefully I can get this figured out lol. Is it posible to replace a blue ceramic with the one they gave me part number for.

Comment

I emailed tech support a picture of cap c402 asked for them to explain as to why the manual reads them to be the same but indications on each cap are diffrent hopefully I can get this figured out lol. Is it posible to replace a blue ceramic with the one they gave me part number for.
                                  I would hold off on buying a replacement cap until you get an explanation from LG that explains the differences between the Service Manual and the actual hardware that makes sense. You should also get them to confirm the maker of the installed caps and download the cap's datasheet to confirm the numbering system and what you are seeing installed on the PCB.
                                  Last edited by tjg79; 02-06-2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

When you contact LG, you should be very specific and give them the model number and serial number of the TV/Monitor unit, the board with the bad cap model number, part number, serial number, etc..., and the cap numbers in question. In this case it's C401 and C402. Good pictures detailing the above information as well as the Service Manual version you have and excerpts from that manual that show the inconsistent information.

I wouldn't recommend replacing that ceramic cap with anything other than an exact replacement at this point in time.

You might have some other bad components on that board. Sometimes, when a cap goes bad, it can cause other circuit devices to go bad. Do you have a multimeter or ESR meter? I saw a device in one of your pictures, it looked like a large resistor, that looked kind of rough as well. You should test it if you have a multimeter.

You can call LG too. However, the first person in LG Support is probably not the right person. You want to talk to one their techs who actually repair these boards. They would likely have the knowledge to understand the issues. You really want to identify that bad cap by maker and maker's part number so you can confirm the information with the maker's datasheet. It would also be good to have the LG tech explain the markings on the installed cap and how they relate to the LG part number your received and what the Service Manual indicates. I think the Service Manual and LG part number indicate an aluminum electrolytic cap and the installed cap is a high voltage ceramic cap. LG should explain the discrepancy.
                                    Last edited by tjg79; 02-06-2016, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Can I see the bottom side of the board around those two caps and the whole top side and bottom side of the board? Then I can tell if the two caps are the same value or not.
                                      One of them may be Ballast cap and another one may be output tuning cap so they will not be the same value.
                                      Service manual does not have any parts list for the power supply-inverter board combo.

Where do get the parts list?
                                      I put in 'LG 42LD520'
                                      Last edited by budm; 02-07-2016, 12:35 AM.
                                      Never stop learning
                                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

For some reason, the Service Manual doesn't have a parts list detailing the PCB components. I have a couple LG monitor Service Manuals, and they do have a parts list that indicates PCB component parts numbers and specs.

I've checked the Service Manual from two different download sites and neither have an included parts list.

The Service Manual does have the schematics and the schematics do show caps C401 and C402. They're both indicated as 100uF 16V caps, presumably electrolytic caps. LG Support supplied a cap part number for C402 that appears to be an electrolytic cap, but the installed caps don't appear to be electrolytic types, and they don't appear to be the same cap value.

If this board was supplied to LG by a different OEM, then there could have been a major engineering design change which the Service Manual doesn't reflect.

I think LG Support has to clear this up and identify the correct cap specs for this board.

Comment

Working...
                                        X