Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elite Capacitors? (450v 47uf power board Toshiba Vestel TV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elite Capacitors? (450v 47uf power board Toshiba Vestel TV)

anyone heard of these caps before? at first glance i mistook them to be Elna caps but closer look and it was elite. not sure if they are known failure prone brand.
    also they are 47uf and 450v. why are they so large in height? i can get replacement 450v 47uf caps that are a quarter the height. what am i missing here?

if i were to replace them what should i be looking for?

they are on the power board of a toshiba (vestel) tv power board.
    pic attached
    Attached Files

Re: Elite capacitors?

Elite capacitors are not good quality IMO. They are made by a company called Chinaan (website is https://www.chinsan.com/welcome/ ).
    Can you flip the capacitors over and look for a series name?

Comment

ahh, the board is back in the tv now so i cant get a look at them. also they were glued down for some reason.
      good to know they cant be trusted. if i ever have the board out again i will look to replace them.
      what would be good alternatives? i see i can get 47uf in 450v at less than half the height of the cap. that seems odd to me.

Comment

also noticed these VZ(M) caps on the board that are 105c rated. what brand would these be?
        pic attached
        Attached Files

Comment

ok so who goes around making fake capacitors of crappy brand ones?
          https://www.chinsan.com/precautions-...te-capacitors/

that makes no sense to me.?? if your gonna make fakes stick to fake rubycons or panasonic etc. what next fake teapo caps?

Comment

I'd rate Elite so-so.

Obviously, they are not 1st tier caps like the "big 5" Japanese brands (Rubycon, Panasonic, UCC, Nichicon, and Sanyo). But they usually do OK in OEM power supplies. Of course, like all of the other 2nd tier caps (i.e. Teapo, OST, Ltec, and etc.), they don't seem to do to well in applications where they see more heat (like LCD monitor power supplies and inverters.) But all in all, I don't mind them too much.

The 450V ones you show a picture of are probably the primary bulk caps. Being rated for 450V suggests there is an APFC circuit... in which case, that might explain their larger size, as they likely will be a higher ripple current rating series. You mention your replacements are much smaller (shorter), but what brand and series are they? If their RC rating is not as high as the Elite ones currently in the PSU, there's a good chance the APFC will destroy them down the road. APFC circuits tend to be rather harsh on input / primary bulk caps.

As for the "VZ" caps - those are Nichicon VZ series, which is a general purpose 105C series (i.e. not low ESR/impedance.) H1746 is their date code - made in 2017, week 46.

Comment

Ahh thanks for that breakdown.
              I havent bought any replacement caps i just checked online for 47u and 450v and saw that the caps were less than half the height.
              Guess I need to find out the ripple specsnof the elite caps.
              Will they be low esr ones?

Comment

What's the diameter of the shorter caps? I'd expect these to have an unusually small diameter as well as being unusually tall (so the TV can be made thinner for marketing purposes).

Comment

i think the long ones may be 10mm x 50mm

Comment

for high voltage caps - look at rubycon.

Comment

Do they need to be any special type? Low esr etc?

Comment

depends on the circuit.
                        i would aim for 105' temp either way, they last longer

Comment

Good stuff, will look to swap all caps out next time i have the tv off the wall. Got to check my car ecu now for any cap issues too.

Comment

i use the same elite caps to replace chong x on led moving heads on their primary smps before two years .til now is all ok.the board on the picture looks like the the primary side from tv smps.you can unsolder one or two and test on lcr. my lg flat tv use same form caps it is made to be thin there is no place for bigger caps.the vzs is nichicon general purpose audio caps

Comment

thanks for that, wonder why they used nichicon and didnt use cheaper ones?

Comment

nichicon it is 2000 hours rated and is cheap series (now is very expensive from ukraine war������)before war was 3 times cheaper here.

Comment

Nichicon is make in Ukraine?

Comment

of course not but the story is all is expensive and the reason is the ukraine war. ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                    X