PHILIPS (42PFL7623D/10) 2 BLINKING RED LED's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PHILIPS (42PFL7623D/10) 2 BLINKING RED LED's

Hello and first of all thank you for welcoming me to the community .

So the problem i have is with a PHILIPS AMBILIGHT 42" MODEL :42PFL7623D / 10 .

a few weeks ago the set would turn its self off randomly and when i noticed it had turned off the lights would be blinking . This went on for a week or so but not all the time .

At the time to get the tv working again i would unplug it from the mains supply for a few minutes and then plug it back in , this worked a good few times .

However in the last few days i cant seem to reset it with this power cycle method anymore .

The problem i am facing now is that when i plug it in there is no display whatsoever and there is 2 blinking red led's then a pause then 2 blinks again and just keeps doing this .

I have had the back of the casing off to inspect the caps but none look noticeably bad or bulged . I have included some pictures of the Power board and what the caps look like .

I am an experienced solderer so i was hoping to find the bad ones and replace them hoping that may fix the issue .

If not then maybe replace the power board completely , i just would like to know what everyone thinks the problem may be before i go about ordering caps or if there is anything else i can try to fix it .

Thank you all in advance for the replies and once again thanks for welcoming me in .

Rigby

e2a: sorry for the bad quality photos
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rigby; 02-08-2016, 08:53 AM. Reason: photos

Re: PHILIPS (42PFL7623D/10) 2 BLINKING RED LED's

well... we need better pictures than that. Everything is just blurry here.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
      well... we need better pictures than that. Everything is just blurry here.
      Fair enough.

Comment

While i sort out clearer images of the boards is there any chance anyone can tell me what the led blinking codes mean ?

I mean does anyone know in general what 2 blinks of the led means?

Comment

Does it say on the back cover sticker what tv chassis this uses we maybe able to locate a servive manual

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
            Does it say on the back cover sticker what tv chassis this uses we maybe able to locate a servive manual
            Thank you for the quick response .

The only information printed on the sticker or anywhere on the back casing of the unit is the following:

PHILIPS VHF+S+H+UHF SQ529.1E

OPTION CODE :
            57617 38151 37983 45160
            10114 20768 00153 00000

MODEL: 42PFL7623D/10
            SERIAL:VN1M-0915-010341

I cant see any chassis number on the sticker . Thanks again for the help

edit : is the SQ529.1E the chassis code maybe?
            Last edited by rigby; 02-08-2016, 12:18 PM. Reason: chassis

Comment

maybe download this one it maybe correct you get two free downloads a day using this site some times it takes a few moments for the download link to appear it will say processing then changes to get manual just click that when it appears
              Last edited by vinceroger69; 02-08-2016, 12:38 PM.

Comment

maybe download this one it maybe correct you get two free downloads a day using this site some times it takes a few moments for the download link to appear it will say processing then changes to get manual just click that when it appears
                Thanks i located it by searching the q529.1E la service manual , im looking through the .pdf .

I cant see any chart that indicates what the led flashes mean. I must admit although i am ok at soldering im not too clued up on what different parts of electronics codes and names mean .

If , say i just ordered a new power supply board for the set instead of locating certain caps on the board to replace , and installed would that be an ideal thing to try first ?

Comment

Im still new too repairs myself maybe give it a bit of time and see if a more experienced member replies knowing what the two blink code means but looking at google and a few phillips tv posts two blinks seems to indicate a mainboard fault? faulty software maybe,
                  Last edited by vinceroger69; 02-08-2016, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Im still new too repairs myself maybe give it a bit of time and see if a more experienced member replies knowing what the two blink code means but looking at google and a few phillips tv posts two blinks seems to indicate a mainboard fault? faulty software maybe,
                    Thank you vince , I forgot to mention i upgraded the firmware with the newest available on the philips website a couple months prior to this issue . Wonder if that may of caused it or maybe the age of the set as it is quite old but i would love to find a fix for it .

It was a good TV while it lasted .

Comment

It may of caused it i guess seems a coincidence it happened after the upgrade (i wonder if you can downgarde the firmware back to the last one im not sure how as the set wont power on though). If it is the mainboard and you do try to replace it make sure all the numbers of the mainboard and any stickers on the main board match up as the firmware etc maybe diffrent for the panel etc.

Comment

Rigby do you have a multimeter? If so, you can start by checking for standby voltage on the connector of the power board. DC Volts mode with black lead on any metal of the chassis.

If no standby is present, try heating up the caps with a hair dryer then try to turn on the set. It's a crude test but it just worked for me the other day! Make sure to heat up the smaller caps around the lower middle portion of the board.

Comment

Looks to be same power supply as this one: Please read the bulletin.
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ilips+bulletin
                          Never stop learning
                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Isn't code #2 almost always a PSU issue? (Likely a dead rail)
                            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

This is just one of the threads i saw the mention about two blinks being a mainboard issue ive not saw the error codes in the service manual for this set..
                              http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...D-blinks-twice
                              Last edited by vinceroger69; 02-08-2016, 04:22 PM.

Comment

This is just one of the threads i saw the mention about two blinks being a mainboard issue ive not saw the error codes in the service manual for this set.
                                +1, I have never seen ERROR Codes Listing in the service manual either.
                                Never stop learning
                                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by martyparish View Post
                                  Rigby do you have a multimeter? If so, you can start by checking for standby voltage on the connector of the power board. DC Volts mode with black lead on any metal of the chassis.

If no standby is present, try heating up the caps with a hair dryer then try to turn on the set. It's a crude test but it just worked for me the other day! Make sure to heat up the smaller caps around the lower middle portion of the board.
                                  Hi , I dont have one where im at the moment. Would this suffice?

I will try on that starting point if that will do the job .

PS. sorry for not replying to other peoples replies i haven't read the whole update of the thread i will report back asap .
                                  Attached Files

Comment

that multimeter will work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by martyparish View Post
                                      that multimeter will work fine.
                                      Thanks , i ordered this one instead . Ill update the thread when it arrives and start testing .

Attached Files

Comment

Never mind , i was using the meter on the wrong setting
                                        Last edited by rigby; 02-10-2016, 06:54 AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Working...
                                        X