X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all,

I'm a multimedia developer by day and hardware tinkerer by night. I worked for several years as a computer technician and always had a bit of a knack for identifying hardware troubles; I'm starting to learn a tiny bit about component repair and am enjoying the challenge. I work on a computer most of the day so it's very gratifying to do some tinkering in the "real world."

-Cody

Comment

Hello everybody,
      I play and record music, and dabble a bit in web and graphic design. I'm married to a delightful girl named Torri, and the joy of our life is our wonderful son Muggy. We live way out in the sticks in Catawissa Missouri, and I grew up in Salem, MO, so I suppose it's safe to say I'm an old country boy (approaching my 50th birthday, yikes).

I've been "lurking" here for quite a while, in fact I started messing around with electronic repairs fixing an old Fender amp. Since then I've been able to bring back to life quite a few items, thanks in large part to all the helpful nice people involved with this forum who are so willing to help out noobs like myself.

Well, that's all I guess
      Thanks,
      Dave
      resistance is futile

Comment

Hello from the UK

I'm an occasional tinkerer the wrong side of 30... and 40! I do have a bit of electronics knowledge but it's a little rusty, quite old and I don't do this everyday for a living!

I've been reading up on the site now I'm looking forward to fixing my TV (actually project #1 is my son's TV) with some of your help. I've done a bit of research and now I have a few questions

Look forward to chatting soon...

Cheers,
        Nige
        Cheers,
        Nige

Comment

Hi everybody

ive been a member fopr some time but have never posted ,have been working with computers for years now and they still have me confused at times , Lately a lot lol.i was a heavy labourer truck driver and mechanic before that.Im a kiwi 40 years young and about to have a thing called a decent nights sleep with the aid of a cpap machine due to sleep apnea for the last 20 odd years.hopw that wasnt an overshare and that i may be able to contribute as much as possible

Comment

Hello,

My Name is Nikos. I am an engineer but electronics is my Hobby. I learned the theory in the University I studied for engineering but this is the real world.

I am a DIY person and like fixing things (to the best of my knowledge).

I have found very useful information in this site and many thanks to the creator.

Comment

Hello I'm Larry Nix, in Waco , Texas. I've been involved in Television repairs for the past 10 yrs since I retired. Really enjoy this type of electronic repair, believe it or not. I'm looking for some answers to questions I might have time to time, when stumped. Looks like a great place to gain knowledge. Hope I'm right. I fix about 40 TV's a month. Trying to keep myself busy. Nice to meet everyone and hope to have more contact in future.

Comment

Hello, I'm from Canada, found the site while searching to repair a friend's plasma tv

Comment

Hi all, I'm a data analyst from the US. I have recently been doing more DIY projects, so I figured I would try and fix my own tv before I go out and buy a new one.

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Edgars and i'm from Latvia. I'm practicing as a computer technician and software developer for more than 10 years. I remember, i started to shape myself into this field, in early years of high school. But while my curiosity follows everything that's related to computers and technology, my heart was dedicated to music a lot earlier, and it still is.

In fact, i feel a bit ashamed, i didn't registered here earlier, hah. BadCaps community is such an incredible resource, where lots of useful information can be found.

Anyway, i wish you all to have a success at the work you're doing, and a lot of good emotions!

Nice to meet you!

Comment

Hey guys new here. My name is Matt and currently live in central Fl. I am currently attending College classes in CPD Certified Production Technician. I have a nac for electronics, and have also had my hands in alot of Tvs lately. Nice to meet everyone, thanks for all the info and help I have found threw out this fourm. It is great guys keep it up.

Comment

Hey guys. I'm a newbie on electronic repair in general, but I've been repairing PS3 and Xbox 360 for years now. If you have any questions on it, PM me.

Comment

New member here looking forward to discussing TV and PC Monitor issues. I will be posting a question with pic after this post.

Glad to be here.

Jer37

Comment

Hey I am a long time computer tech working on everything from motherboard level repairs to software development. Just looking to share some of my experience with everyone.

Comment

Hello from Hilo newb

Comment

hello from croatia I am new member thorva03- tech gig

Comment

hi i am Addie i live in a small town called spennymoor co durham uk i tinker about with old hardware and old motercycles in my spare time and have loads of it now i retired

Comment

Hello, i guess this is my 1st post. I'll snoop around a bit.

Comment

Hello All. I have found this site very interesting and hope to contribute to it.

Comment

Hi, From south TX, USA. Registered to find a solution to a problem with my LG 60PZ550. Very thin purple/green vertical lines started appearing. Few days back it was only 1, just to the left of the center. Now another one next to it and 2 more to the right of the center.

Comment

hi,my name is flavio from Rome Italy, registred for find solutions to laptop and because i like this forum. My first problem is about dump bios hp 630, i can not find it,can you help me? if i will find i can programmer. Thanks very much!

Comment

Working...
                                          X