This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi from Switzerland, having issue with my TV and hope this forum will help me.

Comment

Hello, new here! I am still familiarizing myself with electronics. However, I have done many electronic repairs and pc builds for myself and others including cellphone and television repairs. I am not the best at diagnosing problems but I can usually figure out which part is bad by matter of deduction. I did register on this site to ask about a certain television repair that I am stumped on. I will post a topic when I am approved, Thanks!

Comment

Hello from Southampton in the UK!

Comment

Hello everybody,
          My name is Paul, I live in Nijmegen, in the Netherlands near the German border but am a former Southern California resident. My technical knowledge is limited but my interest is great. Especially with regards to my hobbies. Once started with shortwave radio (Zenith Transoceanic, Drake SPR-4, etc) and since the early 80's very much involved in satellite reception, especially with regards to extreme reception possibilities. Such hobbies and of course the regular problems with computer hardware makes that this board will be of great importance to me. And who knows, perhaps I'll be able to answer some questions to members where it might involve things that I happened to encounter in my electronic past :-)

Comment

Hello from Ontario Canada,
            I've been an electronics hobbyist since highschool and I try to fix anything that breaks down when possible. I have had mostly good luck when it comes to capacitors in electronic equipment but my luck turns when the capacitors turn out to be bad and haven't even bulged as was the case with the intermittent invertor board of a venture lcd tv dvd player combo I found in the trash at college residence : .

In addition to electronics I'm also an audiophile and have a nice record collection. Recapping also extends to this interest for me as well when I pick up used equipment with that ground hum.

I find this site to be a great wealth of information

Comment

Ladies & Gentlemen, I bid you hello from Australia

searching for some hardware level repair info on an old LG tv and boom Badcaps.

Im interested to say the least.

Im a 32yo techician of many colours. at the moment working or radio and IT gear, over the years ive worked on all sorts of (i want to say stuff but alot of it can really only be regarded as sh*t).

Both Inkjet and laser printers up to full size photocopiers, PC's, Manufacturing and production plant equipment (scales and printers mainly), Ive also worked on Cash register & hospitality equipment, farm equipment (Dads a farmer so hes always breaking shit)

I started study as an electronics technician and switched to Computer electronics at the end of the 3rd of 4 years.

Admittedly the last 10 years ive not done alot of circuit tracing the days of this had come and gone for me, but lately ive been delving back into electronics and finding a new passion for it,

anyway ramble over lets see if we can fix this blasted tv

cheers
              matt

Comment

Hello from Schweden,
                Well, I'm an engineer (not electrical though) trying to fix my broken plasma TV, just for fun in my spare time.

Comment

Hi All,

Found you guys via a forum. Thought id come here and have a look.Shane. From NSW Australia.

Comment

Hi, just found your forum searching on repairing plasma tvs. VERY helpful! Thank you all!

Beachguy

Comment

Hello All

I am a product designer and electronic/computer tech enthusiast. I have experience in 3d cad, pcb design, programming for micros, mobile devices and websites. Repair is not such a strong suit though. I live in Brisbane Australia.

I'm not sure I will be able to help but need some help myself (yes that too)

Cheers

Christian

Comment

Hi guys, I decided to join a forum that have the most sensible links from google.
                        I'm electronic hobbist and I decided to give myself a go with a tv repairs.. since lots of my friend report some issues I decided to spend to time trying to help them fix it. rather than throwing good stuff away.

Comment

Hi to all... my name is Dod and i am in Scotland ...... I am a qualified chef of 35 yrs ...during this time i also dabled in computer repairs and builds .... my hobby is cutting coins for necklaces etc.. I joined this forum on the hope someone can help me find out on how to repair my Poloroid Tv but i cant as yet ask the question in the forum i need to know or update my profile as still restricted .....

Comment

Hi All,

so i've created an account with badcaps because I have an LG TV that needs fixing and I've seen quite a few threads regarding my TV. Hopefully I'll meet some new people, and more importantly get some good advice from others. =]

Comment

Hi my name is matt - i am having problems with my monitor. I pretty good and fixing things in general and have taken the monitor completely apart and back together only to continue to have the same problem. I will create a new post under the monitor page

Great to be here.

Comment

New to the site as I have just gotten into the the TV repair scene on a leisurely basis. Have decent soldering skills but always looking to get better. Have many years of PC related service that hopefully can be helpful to others.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. I work as Hardware Technician in NewZealand fixing Laptop and Desktop motherboards. Looking forward to help and get some hints from our seniors! cheers

Comment

I'm not sure when I registered this account but am still more or less new to the forums, I have a Panasonic plasma on it's way out and am hoping someone more knowledgeable with them can help me solve it's issue before it gets worse. I currently live in Minnesota and work with electronics as a hobby.

Comment

Hi I'm Chad Nd my board view of Apple 820-2179 isn't helping me bc it's a different project . I'm interested in all the schematics and BV files for this -C which I believe means revision C. I believe it's the M89 project. Thanks In advance.

Comment

Hey,

New to board level repairs but been into repairing pcs, laptops and phones both hardware and software for over 10 years

Comment

Hi. I am new here. I live near Milwaukee. I Found this forum by Googling for my Vizio TV issue, and I think I've found some good information. If I can fix it cheap, I will be happy.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                          X