X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi All
    Just a quick intro - I've been in the electronics servicing field for many years and then had a short hiatus whilst travelling. Back into it now and it seems I have a bit of catching up to do!

Cheers

MrKitch

Comment

Hi, my name is Brian, my faulty Viewsonic VX2835WM brought me here. I have been playing with personal computers since the late 70's and have built and repaired pcs for a very long time but have not done much with the soldering iron other than building a few electronics kits way back in the late 70's and early 80's. Hope to learn a few things and try to save my Viewsonic monitor from the landfill.

Cheers,
      Brian.

Comment

Hey guys...already learned so much from this great site! Amateur, ever even thought about electronics before, but I guess nows the time to learn :-)

Comment

Thanks for this site and to all who contribute to my electronics education!

I discovered this most informative site while looking for help with a fix for a Vizio

26", model VA26HDTV10T.

Comment

Hi

I have LG LCD 42 LH3000 and it has no picture
            It start as picture destortion but after I remove T-con board and put it back - no picture anymore
            I replace T-con with new one, but still no changes - could anybody be so kind to help my how to diagnostic my problem or to give me info from where I should start
            Thank you very much.

Comment

Joining BadCaps as I'm attempting my first LCD monitor repair, and I wanted to make sure I don't melt my face or the monitor (not necessarily in that order of importance). I'll post my situation, and see what folks think. Thanks to everyone on here, the reading material alone has been awesome. Thanks all!

Comment

Hi my im Gaz ive read posts on this site to help me repair my tvs i would like to thank you all for this help and if i can give any advice i will thanks again..

Comment

Ive just purchased a lg 32ld450 and was told it turns itself off after around an hour but ive had it on all day with no problems i have looked at the caps on the power supply and all seem fine.I also did the t-con repair on my sony bravia yesterday with the 10k resister thanks to you all and this site.

Comment

Hi all of you guys. I just started to study electronics in one of our tech schools. So I hope you would understand when I will made that basic question. right now I am working on a practice with a LCD tv its a samsung LN40B500P3F and I am trying to find all the information I can, it doesn't turn on

Comment

Hi All,

I have no idea what I'm doing but am keen to learn. I've recently taken on a project to design my own device. I realize the road may be long(and potentially costly) and I appreciate your support.

As for my level of expertise? I just fried my first power supply.

Thanks

Comment

Hi BadCaps Peeps,
                        first of all I thank you for accepting my request and second Badass forum! anyway I've been in IT field for about 10 yrs recently out of nowhere I started watching video on youtube about fixing LCD TV I found it very interesting and fun, my expertise are computer hardware, CCTV DVR, cellphone, Tablet, ipad etc etc.. I started fixing TV not too long ago and most of the time luck is in my side in other words I got it fix and priceless smile from a happy customer with a little money to spend but hours and hours of research at the end of the day I love what I do... and oh yeah I don't mind to get my hands dirty!!!!

thanks
                        Paknoy

Comment

Howdy! having a problem w/ my tv and gonna look around here to find a solution before things go from bad to worse.

Comment

G'day all,

I have been in the electronics repair industry for 34 years and can remember when caps weren't so bad. All those years repairing TVs and every conceivable CE product and I am stunned at how badly today's products are designed and manufactured. I recently bought a DEC VT101 on eBay in perfect working order and not a bad cap to be found (manufactured March 1982).

Looking forward to browsing and hopefully contributing something useful to this informative forum.

Cheers

Comment

Hi there,

I'm a casual tech who is most interested in audio systems, but has recently decided to try his hand at TV repair.

Hope to learn a lot here, seems like some very smart folk around!

griff

Comment

Hello!Everyone at BadCaps.

I'm from Singapore -it's a small island actually-.
                                Been trying out my own on electrical and electronics repair during free time.
                                Anyone else here from Sg also?Let's linkup if possible.
                                I'm keen to know others from various parts of the world also.
                                Message me.
                                Have a great day!

Gianni

Comment

Hi my name is Jay-R Roda from Manila Philippines. I got my own business repairing all kinds of gadget specialy laptop,so everyday im always looking and searching to find solution for all the problem I encounter reparing motherboard and sudenly i search this forum and im find more interisting joining this forum bec i think it will help me a lot to improve my skills. thanks in advance ans god bless everybody and hoping we can succed to find solution and to achieve our goal...

Comment

Hello, my name is Bill from San Tan Valley, Arizona. Glad I found this forum, I'm trying to keep my Samsung TV out of the landfill. I've been an electronics hobbyist for 35 years, which puts me back almost to the vacuum tube era. I'm amazed how detailed some of the advice and solutions presented here is, looking forward to posting my problem, and maybe even contributing.

Comment

Hi indeed help with a Samsung 19"led tv
                                      When plugged in red power light is on.
                                      When trying to power on via button or remote
                                      Power light flashes 5 times then goes off.
                                      TV recognises remote but won't power on.
                                      Thanks
                                      Payi

Comment

Hi

I'am an electronics hobbyist too.
                                        I fixed a Samsung and flatron lcd tv last week reading the forum.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Badcaps

I´m a designer-illustrator from Spain who has lived first hand from the very beginning the change to digital, but just an amateur-hobbyist on electronics, anyway very interested in learn DIY techniques about the subject.

Comment

Working...
                                          X