This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

New to this site so just wanted to say a quick hello and look forward to using this site.

wml52

Comment

New to this site so just wanted to say a quick hello and look forward to using the info here.

wml52

Comment

I try to fix a lot of electronics and always trying to find the values for each one and I hope that someone bright can help me

Comment

Hello to everyone . New to this site too. Thanks for the oppotunity and keep up the good work.

Comment

Greetings from snapcrackle. Retired IT person, 1st store bought computer was Jade S-100

Comment

Hello All!! My name is Kevin and I am an attorney from Bowling Green, KY. I enjoy a challenge and a good project and I find that repairing electronic equipment is a good source for both. I am 32 years old, married, and a father of two. I hope that I can be an asset to the community. Thanks.

Comment

Hi

Add me to the list of new members.

I found this forum, probably because of researching some piece or other of consumer electronics that failed and I have lurked for a while but decided it's about time I signed up.

Let's see, by day a Mechanical Engineer who has done lots of electronics packaging, by night a dedicated fixer that'd rather repair something than waste all the resources that went into making it by throwing it in the landfill.

My father put a soldering iron (not to mention hammer, wrenches, drill etc.) in my hands by the time I was about 5 but I didn't get into re-capping until the caps went bad in my EPOX 8KHA+ maybe about a dozen years ago. I've been on a roll ever since:

EPOX 8KHA+ motherboard (RIP)
                MSI AMD motherboard
                ASUS A8V motherboard
                Viewsonic VP930b Monitor
                Samsung 225BW Monitor
                Samsung 22??? Monitor
                Samsung SA300 Monitor (actually a firmware flash repair)
                3 Wall Warts: Scanner, 2 x Digital frame
                Linksys WRT300N Router
                Minolta X700 SLR
                Anonymous ATX Power supply

Gotta love bringing something back from the dead for fun!

C152Heavy
                Last edited by C152Heavy; 05-23-2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Hi everybody !

Oliver, brand you one on your forum, eager (and proud) to fix every little trouble I meet home until my shiny 3-year-old Samsung led TV simply stopped.
                  And from now on, my biggest regret is to have skipped the Electricity topic 27 years ago

Have a great one

Comment

Hello World!

Comment

Hi everybody,
                      My name is Tristan and am a hobby electronics and computer programming geek. That means I often come across discarded electronics that I try to rescue with simple repairs.

Comment

Hello to all...

Knowledge seeker, pretty good description of why I am here. I am a guy that likes to fix things myself or hand it to a pro and let him earn his money, lol. I found this site trying to research an issue with my TV, looked cool so I am here to learn... Thanks in advance for all the help.

Jay

Comment

Hey all,

My name's Ian, I'm a college student, I'm an electronics hobbyist, tinkerer, beginner programmer, and about a hundred other competing interests.

Comment

Love this place!!-- helped me a ton today with a gateway 900g issue.

We look forward to contributing where we can.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Tony and I live in San Diego. I stumbled upon this site and I can't believe the amount of great information that can be found here!

thanks everybody for participating.

Comment

Hi, my name is Radim, I am 37 and I am from Czech Republic. I have been working for several companies like Motorola,On Semiconductor ,Siemens automotive, Intier Magna and so on mainly in a role of project manager. I was always a fun of eletronic and main guy in a family to repair everyone stuff from washing machine up to computer which was in my case Amiga 500. I was brought here to this forum by need to get help with my Samsung TV, which sudently died and I believe after reading several threads, I may fing qualified answer here ;-) So please let me in :-) Thank you

Comment

Recently retired and developed an interest in TV repair at the component level. Looks like I have my work cut out for me, this site I'm sure will help a lot.

Comment

Hello, people!
                                    As I'm not very clever in electronics, you may have to answer one or two strange questions, but hopefully in the end someone, who reads those posts, will get some useful info.

Comment

Another new guy here saying hello

Comment

Hi. I was taking apart flashlights before I started going to school. I spend too much time fixing computers, and now I'm diversifying into audio gear.

Comment

Hi, I'm Jim, in Spokane, WA. I found this site while researching a problem with my Visio television. I've worked on computers for years (all the way back to when installing a 5 megabyte hard drive into a PC was a big deal!). I've always been frugal, although my ex-wife called it "cheap"! It looks like this will be one of my regular web sites.

Comment

Working...
                                          X