This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey all ... RickyYnLA (aka Brooklyn Skinny in other parts of the online forums world)

A bit about "me" ...

Retired experienced Math/Science Educator turned interactive multimedia Techno-Geek!

Now trying to troubleshoot various LCD and LED TV about the house.

Comment

Hey everyone, glad to be onboard the board!

Comment

I get laptops from ebay and yardsales, fix and sell them. I have three Gateway MA3's that wont charge their batteries, and wont run off 110 volts but will run off a charged battery. I found the solution here. A jumper wire soldered from A to B. This is great! Somebody with some answers! Most helping websites have a lot of questions from people and no answers.
        So I joined up. I appreciate the lack of ads too.

Comment

Hi my name is Chris and I'm new to the forums. Im not a schooled electronic repairman but I learned a great deal from my uncle. I'd appreciate any help thats gave to me. I have already diagnosed a bad u33 on a 42" vizio and going to order the part. I also have another I'm hoping to get help with.

Comment

Hello I'm new to the forums and I have learned a lot already. I'm hoping to learn a lot more to help repair tv's.

Comment

Hi everybody!

i am tintin2005 and i just register on the forum.
              i hope to learn a lot with you .

regards to all

Comment

Hello my name is Eric,I have a fairly extensive electrical knowledge and am always impressed when others take the time to help others.This forum is beyond great,I really see a brotherhood,Thank you for allowing Me To Hang with You all......

Comment

Hi there,

Just joined because I'm doing research on several "bad" LCDs I have been gifted, looks as though it's not just bad caps in some, possibly fuse issues, logic boards, inverters, what have you.

Seems this is the best place online that my limited research over the past few hours has been able to come up with, so I definitely hope the info I can make use of will be found here.

Have fun, always...
                  bb

Comment

thanks for the welcome will try to visit as often as possible. was looking to see if any post on viewsonic n3235w I have already replaced the caps in 5v standby. received the tv with green stand lt on then when pushed power it would turn blue a few seconds then back green. however after changing caps Now only has flashing green(maybe yellow) about 1 flash per second. the 5v is loaded down to approx.2v pulsing around a little. main power never comes up except a very low voltage. this is a Chinese set similar to dynex. thanks for reading regards jim

Comment

I have been reading through this forum and I know I will learn much more. My hobby has always been electronics, thanks for this opportunity to post. Im from Puerto Rico.

Comment

Hi All!!
                        Thanks for having me, can't wait to post a few questions about some caps I have. This is probably the place to do it as it appears ya'll are the senior subject matter experts when it comes to all things capacitors .
                        -Johnny_5

Comment

Hello from michigan ive been lurking for a few days trying to fix a samsung tv and not having any luck. So hopefully i can get more help if i can post questions and search.

Im a hvac tech buy day and work on old cars as a hobby. I know how to use a meter and have converted a few cars from 6volt pos ground to 12v neg ground. So hopefully i can fix my tv. Thanks

Comment

Hello to all. I am a new user from Italy and I hope to make my contribution to this forum.

Comment

Hello all, I have been doing repairs on Lcd's for a few years now and thought it would be a good idea to join the forums to seek and share info and experiences not to mention the dreaded Chi Mei panel bonding failures. Thanks for a great wealth of knowledge.

Comment

I've been repairing computers and laptops for 13 years and want to learn more about electronic component diagnosis and repair.

Comment

i am an old man ,65 yrs old trying to learn something new to me: how to fix my dell 2007WFPb ,i know a little bit of electronics,just the basics,but i dont know where to start with this.
                                  my monitor is blank,with a backlight a little dim (i think) can only see it with the lights off ,the on light stays blue,but thats all ,the little blue "analog input " square does not show anymore.what do i do?i have a FLUKE 79 series II multimeter other basic tools like solder sucker,solder wick,and a solder iron that looks like a 35 watt one.
                                  worked for a while in a rapid transit system in california ,retired from there and now i am basically tinkering with things like ,irons,cpus,blenders,easy stuff and only basic ,common sense problems.not too much into programming.
                                  so there,if anybody can help me solve this problem i will appreciat it,also this is the first time i go into a forum,so i dont know how to get into this things yet,please have some pacience ,i will eventually get it.

Comment

Hi.Want to learn how to fix projector tv ,also fixing laptops.

Comment

Hi all, and thanks for a truly inspirational forum. If it wasn't for you guys, I would've replaced my faulty HG281 with a shiny new display weeks ago. Instead, I bought a soldering iron and a pile of new caps. I now have a pile of mangled old caps, some nasty burns on my fingers and a HG281 with exactly the same problems! It's been fun though, and hopefully someone here will be able to tell me what I should've replaced in the first place.

Comment

Hello, happy to be part of this forum. My name is Eric from the US were it is currently very cold!!! I am an engineer/programmer for a nationwide integrator/automation company. I have over 25 years experience in the electronics field. Looking forward to interactions with everyone here on this forum.

Eric

Comment

Hello Topcat and others! I am another victim of bad caps found in devices from around 2005. Hoping to contribute what I can. Currently working at a major university in the NE as a systems analyst.

Comment

Working...
                                          X