This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, thanks to everyone who has posted info on this forum. I look forward to getting great info and sharing whatever I can in the process.

Cheers,

Randy

Comment

Hello and thank you for the invitation. I work for a number one rated cancer center that is a part of a university in a Texas. My job affords me the opportunity to get back into bench repair. Previous experience was 9 years depot bench repair broadcast and professional products.

Comment

Hi Guys

I am new to the world of electronics. Im trying out as a new hobby as im very interested in how elctrical items work. I have managed to repair few faulty items in the house and some have ended up in the bin. I have become more interested in televisions and have repaired few. I want to use this forum to gain some valuable knowledge from other users.

Comment

im a computer tech that has been recently recieving multiple computers with bad caps. I also just picked up a Viz Wp 705a with i believe has bad caps.

Comment

Bad caps, as in bad capacitors ? Cool :-)
            I was looking for a review of a DT9280A multimeter, which looks nice on the pictures, so I wondered what is the precision and accuracy of such a product, and found this forum, with a pictures of the mainboard. Nice forum :-)

Comment

Hey everyone! I am new to the forum here. I have been doing TV repair for quite some time now but I am learning something new almost every day.

Comment

Hello, I'm Robert. Im'm from Slovakia, Europe and I am learning about electronics and this forum is great!

Comment

Hi! I'm from Brazil and found this forum while searching for motherboard repair (chip level) materials.

I'm only a hobbist but was amazed when I fixed my motherboard (ressolding the I/O Chip) and now I wanna to improve my skills in this area as in my region nearly 99% of the technicians work by parts repair, not chip level. Sure I'll have many great info here and if I can, surely will retribute.

So, a great handshake to all.

Comment

Hello Everyone, I'm a process engineer spent some time working as a tech for a repair service shop for Boston acoustics. I have some prior experience in circuit board assembly and now have picked up the hobby of fixing TV's. I have referenced this forum sooooo many times I figured its time to become a member.

Comment

Hi Everyone. My name is Dave and I am excited to find this forum. I started in electronics in the Marine's in the early 70's (giving away my age). I repaired field use telephones, teletype machines, setup generators and electric lines in field bases and repaired encryption devices (early computers).
                      My first computer was a radio shack color computer (loved that machine) and I learned to do some programming on it, including basic and assembler and machine code. I switched over to DOS/WINDOWS systems in late 80's.
                      I have been an auto mechanic for many years and repair computers on the side. I have replaced bad caps on motherboards and am now trying to learn more about testing and repairing power supplies.

Hope to enjoy this site for a long time. Dave

Comment

Hi All-

Spifl here...have just joined to try to deal with a couple of bad Vizio monitors I have...hoping to get them up and going again.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi, everybody. I came to this site for help with output voltages from a potentially bad power supply. The schematics were crudely drawn, but very helpful.

I started in electronics when I was 7. After I ran through the first set of batteries on my toys, I would take them apart to see how they worked, but at that age I lacked the skills to put them back together. My high school had an electronics class that got me started on the reassembly skills. My first computer was an Atari 400. It didn't have a HD, just the std. 640K RAM. I used the tape deck storage to save programs. I still have that computer, the tape drives and cartridges.

Not having the money to go to college, I went into the Navy for electronics training and ended up in Hawaii for my first tour. In 1991 I used my reenlistment check to buy a the 1st IBM-compatible 386 computer in the barracks. It made me very popular with the PC crowd. I splurged for the 387 math coprocessor and 1 Meg of RAM (I also still have that CPU and Math coprocessor). I got very good at memory management in DOS with that PC. I didn't go windows until I got my next computer which was a 486. By then they had been out for a few years.

I got out of the Navy and got my associates degree, then have worked in some form or another in the industry. I made CPUs at Intel, memory at Infineon, special purpose CPUs and HD controllers at Lucent Technologies. I got into vehicle restoration with my last employer, where we refurbished military equipment. I am currently out on disability due to a bad surgery on my gall bladder, and I am using this down time to get my BS in Biomedical Engineering.

Comment

Hi

Sons small Toshiba TV/DVD gone dead, no power, not a sound, nothing. Looking for some advice establishing the faulty part.

cheers
                            folks

Comment

Hi.

I am always interested in expanding my horizons and learning new things.

I am currently working as field tech for a large company. I service mainly laptops, desktops, and TV's. I would love to learn to diagnose specific component defects and not just replace the board!!

Cheers...

Comment

I just found the forums and it looks the place where one can find answers they are looking for. My problem is a row of black pixels on a LCD T.V. I am assuming the panel must be replaced but could it be T-CON board or a ribbon connection?

It's an Olevia 237-S12...

Comment

Not so sure how I dip my toe in the water !
                                  70+ from Ireland ,like tinkering with E/I=R.
                                  Will dip in now and then !!
                                  Best Regards

Comment

Hi all aqnd thanks for all the hard work .

Comment

Hello to u all

Comment

Hi all .

Im Skip. been using /programming computers starting with a sanyo (yes they made computers for a few years including a lugable) running DOS 1

Comment

Hi everyone! I am working on the family TV PSU and think this forum has a lot to offer. I will post a lot more about myself when time loosens up. Thanks1

Comment

Working...
                                          X