This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I have an unquenchable curiosity in the workings of chip-level repairs. Computers and electronics in general have been areas of great interest to me but I was unable to pursue a career and receive advance formal training. Consequently, I have read, tinkered with damaged electronics and explored my way to a respectable understanding of laptops and computer repairs in general. I am therefore, here to share my knowledge as well as to learn all I can.

Comment

Just here to say Hello

Comment

Hi, I'm Simon from Poland, found this great forum while looking to resurrect my Samsung LCD TV to use as a backup. Suspected T-Con issue. Can't wait to get stuck in.

Comment

Hello,

Long-time home PC user here. I was glad to discover this forum while researching why my computer sometimes just won't switch on. I was advised to check my motherboard and PSU about bad caps... and here I am, although the general tech level here is quite above my grade.

Comment

Hello all in Coco from Singapore

Comment

Hiya! I'm Ben from Texas...

Started getting into electronics as a hobby and heard about this site from a youtuber.

hope everyone is doing great!

Comment

Hi all! I'm new here

Comment

Hello my name is Konstantinos i am from Greece Athens and i want to increase my knowledge about electronics . I have a small shop at athens . I am really glad to communicate with a forum of the expertise

Comment

Hi peoples,

I'm from Taiwan and have been in the MCU applications for 35 years.

I am not sure how happy I found this forum when I am trying to find some information about UPS.

Welcome any help.

Comment

My full name is YaChien Chung

Comment

Hi to everyone. I'm not new in this forum, but the first time I write something. I'm a technician involved with Apple related products here in Italy. In the far most north east city of Italy. Trieste.

Ciao
                        Mitja

Comment

Greetings, just decided to join your wonderful forum. I found this place when I was looking for information on how to remove the bios admin prole

I hope to learn more about computer electronics and improve my laptop repair skills

Comment

VdubBub here, retired Machinist/Industrial Mechanic, and full time amateur electronics hobbyist. I am currently going through a large number of "Barn Find" vintage electronic test equipment items, restoring what I can and may offer up parts units for one's that are beyond repair. I have a few flat screen TV's that also require repair and that is mostly the reason for joining this forum, I like the vast knowledge base this forum has and will likely be tapping into that.

Comment

Hello everyone,

First, let my apologize for my english, that's far from perfect.

I'm the "computer guy" in my entourage (even if it's not my job...)

After many years joking about me "updating the bios" to explain how I fixed the problem, I finaly bricked a computer updading the bios...

I did my reserach, found this forum and I'm hoping to get some new skills

Comment

Hello, I'm Vixeko, I'm a young guy of Chilean nationality who's just starting out in the world of technical repairs and I'm getting more and more experience and apart from seeing this as a job, it's also something that I really like to do and research and learn more about. repair, maintenance of PCs or laptops. I expect a lot from this place since this forum is more specialized in what I was looking for so if I have a question I hope you can help me

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                  As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                  So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                  where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

hi ı m new here. thank you for added me

Comment

Hello All, I’m a Electronics and RF design engineer by trade but I’m interested in fixing things and became aware of this site, after watching Adamant IT and Learn Electronics Repair YouTube channels. So if I get stuck I now know where to come

Comment

hola soy de Colombia , mi nombre es Javier y presto servicio técnico a computadores portátiles , este foro ha sido de gran ayuda agradezco a todos los que aportan su conocimiento aquí

Comment

Hi, I am absolutely not an electronics expert but I have a technical question to ask. I hope it will be easy for members of this forum to answer it.

Comment

I'm glad I found this site... It seems unique, with many different examples of what has become an explosion of electronics. I myself started back in the 70's with my first computer being a IBM 360/40. Learned basic, Fortran, Cobol, and later PL/1. If I've dated myself, that was meant to be my intro. As I progressed through the IBM 370 years and into IBM 9700's i switched over into the PC world, but never really got heavy into the programming side... C++ etc. But have tried to stay active and learn enough to feel that i know what's going on. That was until i found this site...now I feel that I know enough to be stupid. But all in all ... I am glad I found this site.

Comment

Working...
                                          X