This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I just came out of my hole to say "hello" because you made me.

Comment

Originally posted by DanSingman View Post
      I just came out of my hole to say "hello" because you made me.
      Hello Dan, do I know you from somewhere? Your name rings a bell....?

Comment

Just discovered this forum trying to troubleshoot my monitor. I studied electronics in the 80's, but ended up going into the IT field instead. I still like to tinker with stuff occasionally.

Comment

20 years ago i was repairing ZX and C64,

now i have a shorted IPM in my plasma.

Comment

Hi. I'm David, a student, musician and DIY electronics hobbyist: I build guitar effects pedals, repair amps, pedals and have been into repairing non-working HD TVs.

Comment

Hello, I am from italy carlo I defect in electronics.

Comment

Hey! just joined this site so i could get some help fixing my plasma. Didnt know there were so many members here!

Comment

hi all i just got given a tv with issues the vw42l by vizio and was out hunting solutions when i found this page seems to be full of usefull info on fixes now if I understand the lingo i might be able to get this big tv to work for me hopefully so bear with me as im a newbie and very green so im sure ill ask a lot of stupid questions but id rather ask and not screw something up worse
                  Last edited by unknown; 12-29-2012, 05:22 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

Hello,

(UK member)

Newly registered.

I hope to be able to use my knowledge to assist others eventually,

Regards

Comment

All,

I am an electronic amateur but have a PANASONIC TH-42PH9UK that blinks 7 times and does not start. I believe it is the power supply.

BTW, I have taken it in to a local shop twice to be fixed. They put in small repair parts (did not replace boards) and the problem returns. I believe I will try to replace the power supply board with a working/ used (eBay or somewhere) board.

Does anyone have an opinion if I am on the right or wrong track?

Thanks for any response in advance.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by larsonst View Post
                        All,

I am an electronic amateur but have a PANASONIC TH-42PH9UK that blinks 7 times and does not start. I believe it is the power supply.

BTW, I have taken it in to a local shop twice to be fixed. They put in small repair parts (did not replace boards) and the problem returns. I believe I will try to replace the power supply board with a working/ used (eBay or somewhere) board.

Does anyone have an opinion if I am on the right or wrong track?

Thanks for any response in advance.

Steve
                        Hi larsonst.

You might want to start a new thread for your question. This thread was created so that people can introduce themselves, not for asking technical questions. I'm sure if you started your own, people would be happy to help you.

Regards,
                        Matt

Comment

Thank you for the invite and the opportunity to participate and share.

Rob

Comment

New to this forum, but it is really great. was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. Have a Samsung plasma PN58B550T2F. My brother asked me to look at as I have had success repairing other sets... luck... it is a wonderful grace... any way. The screen comes on very faint with colors and fluorescence, some of screen blotched out. The PCB (small board under the control board)(I know you know... that was so I communicated it clear) is blinking one green led. The VS voltage is low at 188 should be 201, VA is low at 51 should 55. I am not sure where to put the probes or ground probe, for the smaller voltages... 5v etc. so i have gone no further. The set worked fine and then just poof? So i am inclined to think that the lower voltage is not something that I should try to trim out on the adjustments, but more a failed part on the board. Te caps look great, model is DEC 2009. If I disconnect the Y board cable, I have no picture, I do have picture if i disconnect the X board. I can try resetting the ribbons, but that does not explain the voltage diff on VS, VA. My brother said it was repaired by Samsung once for loud buzzing, and that he has always had 2 very very faint vertical lines visible on a dark screen only, since he had the TV. If you have time ,... what do you think?

Thanks,

Rob

Happy New Year ... by the way

Comment

Hey, guys joined this forums because i saw some great support, and perhaps some solutions or answers to my technical problem(s)

Comment

Hello, from Cyprus. i'm working on fixing the laptops. i have bga reballing machine, and anything related to this job, osilascope etc.. i'll try to share what i know.

Comment

Hello forum members, I am just joining and want to introduce me. I am living in France close to Paris, I am almost 66, retired from IT hardware and Software business and still love electronics as a hobby. I was licensed radio-ham in 1964 (F1JB then F5XB in 1967).
                                  I love fixing appliances, specially TV's and often appreciated the badcaps forum for good technical information.
                                  Hope to be helpfull for others in the future.
                                  Happy New Year to everyone

Comment

Hi,

my name is Debbie and I live in Elkhart, IN. I am no tech, that's for sure but came here for some advice on a problem were having with my son's Samsung Plasma TV. It has a horizontal black line through the screen and everything I've read says it will get progressively worse. We're thinking it's the y-buffer connector and I've found the replacement part on Ebay for $35.00. I called Samsung and they were no help, just told me to set up a service call. Well, we don't have the means right now for an expensive service call and repair. Anyone out there familiar with this black line problem and it's fix?
                                    thanks,
                                    Debbie

Comment

I bumped into a topic about bad caps, back in 2004 and then I started wondering.

I learned about computers when I lived at Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center in Greenfield, New Hampshire.
                                      (From July 5, 1994 to November 11, 2002)
                                      (That's in Hillsborough county, near Massachusetts)

I had staff that were total assholes and some slandered that I crashed the freaking LAN!

Just because I accidentally deleted the wrong file and the group home PC couldn't log in to the LAN, lol. (Windows 3x)
                                      (MS-DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1, IIRC)

(Also Novell NetWare) (Remember the old school days, where you log in from DOS??)

Despite Greenfield, New Hampshire is in the boonies, it's in the most urban county of New Hampshire, lol.

Here's a familiar face from the 1990s:

F:\LOGIN>_
                                      Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 12-31-2012, 08:25 PM.
                                      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Hello! This is Jacob from Virginia. I'm a 15+ year A/V tinkerer, with an academic background in computer engineering. Married with three kids - that means I'll fix anything I can in order to save a buck.

badcaps.net appears to be a great resource, glad to be on the forums now.

Comment

Steve from Jersey here. I work IT and do freelance computer repairs on the side. I've done quite the number of capacitor replacements and I've used Badcaps as a resource at work, saving money and getting problems fixed without having to resort to third party repair.

Happy New Year!

Comment

Working...
                                          X