Sony KDL70W850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL70W850

Morning i have a Sony KDL70W850 that i am working on anyone have a service manual or schematic to please help me with

Re: Sony KDL70W850

What's wrong with it?

Comment

came in power up and then turn off error code 5 blinks. I disconnected the T-Con board and it stay on with backlight. Check T-Con not getting any voltage at fuse. Change main board and the LED on panel light green

Comment

Usually always need to update/pair the new mainboard, sonys especially.

Comment

tried update as was mention but to no avail.

Comment

With tv unplugged press and hold power and volume down buttons on tv, keep holding while plugging in tv you can let go when you see green light on front or tv starts up.

Comment

Can try, with tv unplugged from power disconect one tcon ribbon cable at a time plug in tv check display, then do same on other side, to avoid problems always connect and disconnect cables with tv unplugged from power, report results.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-09-2022, 05:55 PM.

Comment

After that, maybe check the little caps on the panel driver board for shorts or very low ohms, there's other components on them that can go bad too, the caps are easy to check, probably expect over 100 ohms, if the panel is not easy to get at maybe try the tape cut-off method, been covered here many times, can put it in search above.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy View Post
                  came in power up and then turn off error code 5 blinks. I disconnected the T-Con board and it stay on with backlight. Check T-Con not getting any voltage at fuse. Change main board and the LED on panel light green
                  So did you then get voltage at your t-con?
                  I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Wondering if maybe the tv didn't care for the usb drive, can you try another usb drive and follow the procedure on sony site very closely.

Comment

Disconnect one of the ribbon cables from panel board to tcon board then check for image then the other side.

Comment

Working...
                      X