LTV32 w1 westinghouse tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTV32 w1 westinghouse tv

I have a 32 inch westinghouse LCD tv that does not have video. The video started shutting off and then finally went all the way. The blue light comes on and then goes off after a few seconds (turns orange, indicating that it is off). I suspect bad capacitors, though none of them show blown caps. I have replaced capacitors on another LCD before, fixing the problem, and the caps I replaced did not look blown.

I am just curious if anyone else has had similar problems with this TV. I replaced 3 caps randomly but it did not have an affect.

Thanks

Re: LTV32 w1 westinghouse tv

Same problem on different inputs? Checked fuses?

Comment

I only found one fuse on the two boards I looked at. It blew after the TV had already stopped functioning.

The three caps I replaced were not the correct uF (nor Voltage, I replaced 16V with 25 V). The uF rating was 1500/cap but I replaced with 1000uF/cap. Does anyone think this might have an effect?

I'm pretty new to this kind of electronics stuff, but I have had basic physics courses and played with hardware quite a bit in my younger years. I am hoping someone can give me an idea of where to start narrowing down the problem?

Thanks.

Comment

Nobody has had any problems with a westinghouse 32 inch LCD TV? or any idea of any common problems?

Comment

I turned away a 42 westinghouse ( the guy wanted 200.00 for it ) I couldn`t find a schematic, but I did find parts on ebay. Also had a jap name on the lcd panel I have never heard of before. This tv had the same problem. Was the Blown fuse on the power supply? I am of limited help here, sound is my thing. I am learning to repair tvs because I can`t afford to buy the one I want.

Comment

Yes, I only found one fuse on the power supply. It had been blown, and when I replaced it the LED started turning on when the unit was plugged in. Originally it was a ceramic fuse that I replaced with a glass one.

Now the LED turns on, and is blue for ~ 3 seconds then turns orange.

Comment

What happens if you hook it up to an input, sounds like it powers up and goes into standby.

Comment

I have not tried hooking it up to an input, though nothing even happens to the screen. I assumed (dangerously, I suppose), that hooking it up to an input would not give any result. If the LCD was getting power at all I would at least see the backlight go on.

Comment

The LCD may well be working, but the lamps, not.

Hook it up to an input and see if the lamps flicker, or shine a torch on the screen once you have something on there and see if you can see a faint image.

Comment

Even if the lamps were blown, wouldnt it stay turned on and not immediately go into standby? I will try this when I get home today.

Comment

Not necessarily. Just sounds like a classic procedure for an LCD starting up, finding no signal and going to standby to me.

Comment

Though, I should mention that before I got the TV it started turning off randomly and then all together (from what I understand). When I got it the fuse was blown on the power supply.

Comment

And when it was turning off initially, the blue LED would still come one, then I got the unit and the fuse was blown and the LED would not come on. Sorry my posts are so scattered, I am trying to study for an exam at work.

Comment

So what you are saying is you replaced the fuse and it didn`t blow again? You power up the tv, green light, then goes orange? and you have an input (cable) hooked up? or dvd? The original problem was tv shutting off after a certain amount of time? what was the full model number? I think the power supply may be going into protect mode. Since it did have a blown fuse at some point. The more info the better.

Comment

Lets back up a minute:
                              First - make sure ALL caps are replaced with exact MicroFarad values. Lets not create a problem trying to fix a problem. You'll end up chasing your tail.

Second - Take pictures of the inverter board an post it here as an attatchment.

I worked on a westinghouse with that same problem however with no pictures posted, i couldnt tell you if it's the same board or not.
                              The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Also, since you are new, POLARITY!!! There is only one way thes capacitor should be installed. Make sure you get this right.
                                The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Delta Electronics inc.

Model: DPS-210EP-2 c REV:01

I have ordered the appropriate caps so I am waiting on those.

When I added input, there was no change.

As for polarity, I paid special attention

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2724/...9e3f0828_o.jpg

Comment

Sometimes on these Delta boards, there are surface mount fuses on the solder side of the board that are blown. Here is an example of a fuse on the back of a different delta board from a different westinghouse monitor.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...achmentid=9454

If you see one like this on the solder side, check the resistance of it.
                                    Good fuse= 0 ohms
                                    Bad fuse = OL

Comment

I did not find anything like that with a W on it. There were several with "o"s on them. I tested them and they seemed ok. any other ideas?

Comment

Just for kicks, please post a pic of the reverse side (solder side) of this inverter board made by delta. I think you may be close to the solution.

Comment

Working...
                                        X