Samsung QN65LS03RAFXZA (65” The Frame) Backlight Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung QN65LS03RAFXZA (65” The Frame) Backlight Repair

One quarter of the TV's backlight is dim. I bought the following replacement LEDs: Samsung BN96-49193A/BN96-49194A LED Backlight Bars/Strips and some suction cups.

Does anyone know where I can find a repair manual or any other suggested reading/viewing material?

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung QN65LS03RAFXZA (65” The Frame) Backlight Repair

There must be a mistake, an emploee of a tv shop told me that theese tv have a different type of backlight, not normal led stripes, so what are the spare parts you are mentioning?

Comment

https://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn...%2FBN96-49194A

Comment

A SJ mistake, if QLED where normal lcd displays them were called lcd.. simply!

A qled is an lcd screen in front of a backlight led screen, that's all...
        Last edited by Davi.p; 08-01-2021, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
          A SJ mistake, if QLED where normal lcd displays them were called lcd.. simply!

A qled is an lcd screen in front of a backlight led screen, that's all...
          Samsung are great at marketing bullshit. Their QLED use traditional edge lighting, SJ are correct.
          https://www.techradar.com/news/samsu...onym-explained

Comment

I would expect edge-lit blue LEDs and yellow sheet. Haven't found teardown of this frame TV yet.
            Agree, should be shopjimmy mistake, can't be the same strips for 65" and 75", also QLED and normal LCD/LED.
            Last edited by alfatv; 08-01-2021, 03:28 PM.

Comment

The thickness of the screen that i was watching let me thinking the shop boy told the truth, and also the big difference in cost, i have understood nothing about this Qled so i guess i'm not of help here, but to answer the question, today's samsung manuals are more or less a clown thing, not useful. Better to watch some video on ytube..

Comment

Sorry for reviving this old thread, OP - Any luck replacing the backlight on the QN65LS03RAFXZA?
                Last edited by hottscennessey; 11-12-2022, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                  The thickness of the screen that i was watching let me thinking the shop boy told the truth, and also the big difference in cost, i have understood nothing about this Qled so i guess i'm not of help here, but to answer the question, today's samsung manuals are more or less a clown thing, not useful. Better to watch some video on ytube..
                  I know it's a old thread but it wasn't a mistake from SJ, qleds do use normal led backlight strips, some leds are blue but some are normal white leds

Comment

Originally posted by hottscennessey View Post
                    Sorry for reviving this old thread, OP - Any luck replacing the backlight on the QN65LS03RAFXZA?
                    Did you repair it, shouldn't be too hard as this model is not a slim model and the bezel on the front goes all the way round so be easier than the newer ones which have no bezel and screen is glued in

Comment

All QLED TVs have blue leds. They shine through a layer of quantum dots on a yellowish diffuser

Comment

Working...
                      X