Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PN50A450 - Vertical Bars

Hello,

There is a 2-3" vertical black bar on the left side of the screen running from top to bottom. There are also two vertical yellow lines, one next to the black bar and one inside. (See attached picture.)

After browsing through the forum, it seems like most say it is likely a bad panel. Is this the case here? Are there any steps I can do to troubleshoot before hauling it away? I'm willing to try a board replacement if there's a chance that would fix it. If there's no hope, my wife will be happy that I'm finally hauling it away.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung PN50A450 - Vertical Bars

Almost certainly a bad panel from the looks of it.

Comment

Are the logic buffer E & F boards along the bottom of the TV replaceable? Or are they soldered to the panel?

Comment

Originally posted by csquaredin View Post
        Hello,

There is a 2-3" vertical black bar on the left side of the screen running from top to bottom. There are also two vertical yellow lines, one next to the black bar and one inside. (See attached picture.)

After browsing through the forum, it seems like most say it is likely a bad panel. Is this the case here? Are there any steps I can do to troubleshoot before hauling it away? I'm willing to try a board replacement if there's a chance that would fix it. If there's no hope, my wife will be happy that I'm finally hauling it away.
        Panel shit the bed, sorry!

Comment

Working...
        X