Vizio VO47L FDHTV30A Picture but no speaker audio, clicking sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio VO47L FDHTV30A Picture but no speaker audio, clicking sound

I have a Vizio VO47L FDHTV30A. The picture works well, but the sound only works through the RCA output jacks. The sound does not work through the internal speakers or the headphone jack. The TV has a rapid clicking sound when the tv is on that occurs about 4 times per second. The clicking sound volume is fairly low and is not affected by adjusting the internal speaker volume level. The clicking occurs whether or not I disable the internal speaker through the Vizio setup menu. The clicking only occurs while the TV is on.

Any idea what is causing the clicking sound? Any easy way to fix it or at least stop the clicking altogether? The TV works fine with the external speaker, but the clicking is annoying.
    Last edited by nbnb; 11-23-2019, 12:36 PM.

Re: Vizio VO47L FDHTV30A Picture but no speaker audio, clicking sound

Quick check, unplug tv, hold power button down on tv NOT remote for 30 seconds, release it, plug tv back in and try it, might not work but it's an easy check.

Comment

Can try a reset see if this one works: Press the "VOL-" button along the left side of the Vizio TV until the Settings icon in the shape of a wrench is selected, then press "CH-" until "Reset All Setting" is highlighted then volume+ or something like that.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-23-2019, 01:30 PM.

Comment

I've done both of those and neither helped. I took the back off the TV and it turns out the clicking sound is actually coming from the speakers.

I may just use it with external speakers connected to the RCA jacks, and disable the internal speakers, if there isn't a quick fix for this.

Comment

Could try a firmware update, you did go into audio or advanced audio settings and turn stuff off and on in there to see if it helped? Might have something to do with your audio circuit or speakers, most tv speakers suck, since the clicking is coming from the speakers and always there, the easiest fix would probably be to unplug the speakers at the speaker and black tape the wire terminals so they don't short on anything n just use external audio.
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-24-2019, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Can we see some high resolution pictures of the whole back side of the TV and the main board? Maybe add another one of the main boards audio section. If I recall there are tons of through hole caps on that main board.

Comment

Probably is one of those caps, just looked at a similar one and has a shitload like you said.

Comment

either that, or the audio IC.

Comment

Thanks for all of the replies. I went ahead and disconnected the internal speakers and will just use external speakers connected to the RCA jacks.

Comment

Working...
                  X