Vizio E500i-B1 PSB question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio E500i-B1 PSB question

Hey forum! I offered to fix a set for a friend and this set has the Vizio board ADTVD3613XA6 power board in it. After some research found it was a set with common PSB board issues. Ordered a component repair kit from ShopJimmy and I have done quite a few but after everything was finished with this one I have no 5VSB on the board. Checked and rechecked all solder points. I had 5VSB on it before I started, has anyone encountered this before? Can someone point me in the right direction for troubleshooting? Thanks!

Re: Vizio E500i-B1 PSB question

Check R9301, if it's open ic9301 is bad, simply installing a kit is not the way to repair a power supply, If the standby was working there was no reason to replace its parts, same goes for the pfc section for example.
    So start by checking that resistor, then check the voltage across the main filter capacitors (c9812)
    Last edited by R_J; 03-30-2019, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Re: Vizio E500i-B1 PSB question

RJ,
      Thanks so much for the reply and that was the exact issue. I will heed your advice on the next one, so do you recommend buying the kits and only replacing what is bad or just sourcing out individual components? Thanks again for the advice!

Comment

Working...
      X