Samsung UE32D5500 boot loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE32D5500 boot loop

Good day folks. It's been a while now since I've had a boot-looping TV on my hands and I actually had a bit of trouble remembering what you try in such cases

The board is a BN41-01660b. The first thing I tried was shorting the RESET pin of the unpopulated header near the EEPROM to SDA...I don't think the TV even reacted to that, because it just kept doing what it was doing, displaying the logo and then turning off and so on, so that didn't work. The next thing I did was actually remove the IC (IC901) to read it. I got the code off of it and tried erasing it, but here's the weird part: after erasing the chip, the programmer told me it's still not blank, despite trying it several times. To eliminate this variable, I simply replaced the chip entirely with a blank one. I'm not entirely sure whether it's a 256 or a 512 one, so what I chose was a 512 after some brief research pointing me...the TV did come on just like before, but it didn't solve the issue unfortunately, so the issue is likely with those two larger chips for which I don't have a programmer sadly. I read this is quite a common failure on these boards. I'm not sure which does what. One is a smaller QFN and one looks like what's inside a flash drive.....perhaps that's exactly what it is: a "hard drive" for storage. Either way, it's f**ed
    Attached Files
    Wattevah...

Re: Samsung UE32D5500 boot loop

Don´t waste your time , it´s the nand flash corrupted .

One seller in Europe offer it .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IC-K9GAG08U...wAAOSwImRYZXZi

Comment

It's not mine, it's for a client anyway so I don't care...just wanted to hear some thoughts from others who may have had this issue in the past.
      Wattevah...

Comment

I do one a month on average . The only solution is changing that memory . If you want to hear some babble go ahead .

Comment

Yes its probably the nand chip.
          @Arenat how do you program the nand chip? I wanna get a programmer but im not sure what model should I buy.

Comment

Yes, I am a techie too, so I want to learn more about this stuff, so sure - shoot
            Wattevah...

Comment

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
              @Arenat how do you program the nand chip? I wanna get a programmer but im not sure what model should I buy.
              I buy the chip programmed . The no very cheap TNM5000 is the only programmer able to burn this particular chip , besides that is hard to get the dump , you can´t copy it from a working set . For me don´t worth the hassle do it my self , I´m well past the ego trip age .

There are plenty of post in Brazilians and Argentinians sites about this matter .
              Some sellers in the link .

https://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/...h-k9gag08u0e#D[A:nand-flash-k9gag08u0e]
              Last edited by arenat; 10-01-2018, 02:22 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Working...
              X