X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please Help! My Magnavox 50ME314V/F7 Beeping From Power Board

Originally posted by budm View Post
    Great!
    You may be able to check the capacitance but not the Voltage rating (unless you know what Voltage of that section where the spare cap is removed).
    What kind of other devices do you have?
    I have an old PC laptop whose bios chip fried, and a couple of computer monitors whose backlight went out. but I think I am just going to order some new caps.

Should I get caps that are 4.7uF, or should I get higher uF rating?
    Should I get caps that are 35V, or should I get higher DCV rating?

Any opinion on the dielectric I should get? (X7R, X5R, etc.)

Comment

Always replace with same uf, nf, or pf. You can go higher on the voltage. If you are changing a poly cap, go with another poly cap. Ceramic for ceramic and so forth......

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
        Always replace with same uf, nf, or pf. You can go higher on the voltage. If you are changing a poly cap, go with another poly cap. Ceramic for ceramic and so forth......

Perfect, thank you so much for that. I wasn't sure which of the 2 variables had to be kept the same. and I am replacing a MLCC with another MLCC, but wanted to get one that was rated a little higher so that I could avoid this issue happening again in the future.

Comment

Final Update,
          I ordered a 4.7uF 35V MLCC and replaced C3214. The TV powered back on and is running great!!

I can't thank you all enough for all your help and advice! You all rock!! And thank you for taking the time to instruct me on how to test the different components. I feel like I really learned a few things about testing and diagnosing components (which is something that I really wanted to learn). So thank you all again!

Comment

Happy to hear that you fixed it. Thank you for the update, it will help others in the future.
            ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

Originally posted by lookimback View Post
              Happy to hear that you fixed it. Thank you for the update, it will help others in the future.
              And it just helped me. I had an Emerson LF461EM4A(DS3) doing the same beeping. I checked C3214 and found it shorted. Replaced it and all is well.
              ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

Working...
              X