Plc-xe40 projector help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plc-xe40 projector help

HI all so iv been given two Plc-xe40 projectors and I can't get one of them to fire up..

Iv looked over the service manual and from what I have read I'm a little bit confused, as it shows that the warning LED will come on if the projector senses a problem but this is off.

Iv looked over a few problem places like lamp don't look blown , thermal cutout continuity across contacts, cover switch continuity across contacts when closed so all look good.

One of my other problems is that iv have NO REMOTE for either of them, so iv used an app called Zaza universal remote but still nothing, there are also spaces on the MB for different push button switches, iv tried linking the power switch over but still nothing.

So I'm at a bit of a loss on what to do next.

I'm also thinking about replacing the lamp with a high power led, as a new lamp costs over £90, I know I'll have to bypass the ballast some how but this is something that I'll look into after iv got one working, any advice on this would be grateful.

Thanks for any help

Re: Plc-xe40 projector help

Any one have any ideas at all please :-(

Comment

well the most obvious would be, take one apart and check things out with a meter, checking for voltages that are printed on the board(s) and go from there... also checking any fusing. Without a remote, it would seem like you are going to have an issue since it appears that the units have no power on button. Further, IF someone has set a security code, then you are further "screwed". In addition, did you try the reset button.

Comment

Yes iv tried the reset button to no avail, I was hoping to find a way of linking out something inside on the MB to bring the projector on, as iv said there are places for push button switches inside, looking over the service manual these buttons should work when linked out, as the manual has pcb lay out for the projector

Comment

Working...
        X