Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70in Vizio m70-c3 replaced led's now picture screwed up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 70in Vizio m70-c3 replaced led's now picture screwed up.

Cartoons looks good but other channels show it a lot more.
    Attached Files

Comment

Out of curiosity, what would happen if I took the other side drivers off?

Comment

You would have nothing but vertical bars as the panel will dots be able to gate drive the information from the source drivers anymore
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Pull the right T con ribbon. Let the left side only run. Do you see any dark areas on the left side of the panel? Also on the right side it will be white does that look dark in the center?

Comment

Makes sense lol. Just wondering. Im about to give up hope. Someone suggested earlier to disconnect the tcon board on that side but I never found out why.

Comment

Doing it now. Should I pull both on the right side and just leave the 2 on the left connected?

Comment

Never mind. You mean on top of the board? Thwres 2 black ones. Pull the one on the right?

Comment

There was no picture. Only sound.

Comment

That's what I pulled, hope it was correct.
                    Attached Files

Comment

you need to pull the one for the same side that the tabs were removed. If you pull the one for the other that doesn't have the side tabs removed, you will get no picture.... since no signal will be delivered to any sides. you should see half a screen with some picture and half that is white.
                      Last edited by budwich; 02-16-2018, 06:47 PM.

Comment

That's the side I pulled.

Comment

??? don't understand... after you pulled the tcon to panel cable, you got NO picture?

Comment

Yeah. No picture at all. Only sound.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1518637468
                              You pulled one of the two LVDS cables between the main board and the T-CON board, not the cables (4 white flat cables) between the LCD panel and the T-CON board, that is why you do not get the pictures.
                              Last edited by budm; 02-16-2018, 10:45 PM.
                              Never stop learning
                              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Ok. I was wondering if I pulled the right one or not. Figured I didn't. Will pull the 2 when I get home from work. Honestly about to see if a sledge hammer will fix the problem...

Comment

Ok. So here's the pic after right side tcon ribbons pulled. Is there anything else that I can try? Would love to keep the TV but its driving me crazy lol. I'm a "work on it till its fixed or till its dead type of guy". So I'll try anything.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Does the left side still display the dark spots with righty disconnected ?

Comment

I would look over the areas where u removed the tabs very closely (magnifying glass). U may have shorted line. otherwise your going to have to live with pic

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                                        Does the left side still display the dark spots with righty disconnected ?
                                        Yeah, there's still some shadowing there. I honestly think the suction cups were the problem. Which pisses me off. I will not use them on a panel again.

Comment

you never really answered the question as to whether the suction cups had "valving" for releasing air / vacuum? Also, how did you actually apply them... blaming them for this might not solve any future issue if it was "operator error", regardless of what cup system you used.

Comment

Working...
                                          X