Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70in Vizio m70-c3 replaced led's now picture screwed up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 70in Vizio m70-c3 replaced led's now picture screwed up.

Originally posted by sawilson View Post
    I did not purchase from shopjimmy but it is the identical ones. They were released the instant the screen was removed and hit the pad.
    Well, sounds like you did everything correctly and the most likely answer is the dark spots were there all along, but just not obvious or noted with the bad LED's. It's a win some lose some scenario, just hard to accept sometimes when the unexpected occurs and knowing you put great care in the process.

Comment

I know. The suction cups were rated at 45lbs. So it was actually less than shopjimmy. I'm gonna keep working with it. I may pull the panel again and see what I can accomplish tinkering with the back of the panel. Hell it can't hurt...

Comment

"If you press on the panel in those spots, they lighten to match the rest of the picture."
        wait, maybe i'm wrong with the leds, under the diffusor sheets was there displaced those white plastic tips that supports the layers on top? In ccfl systems them sadly become cooked by heat and brokes at the minimum pressure, maybe is also the case for l.e.d. systems.
        Last edited by Davi.p; 03-01-2018, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Yes, there are, look at the minute 6:49
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP7iNYFAgIA
          you can glue at the place toothpicks with bicomponent glue and paint them in white.
          Last edited by Davi.p; 03-01-2018, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Yeah, there were quite a few that were unusable. Honestly I'd say about 50%. They just snapped. Would that make a big difference? When I push in on the panel, it lightens up and shows the picture like the rest of the screen but only under where my hand is.

Comment

Yes it's vital, the diffusers are studied to be at the right distance.

Comment

Those sheets between the LCD screen and the backlight make a sandwich of sorts so if it's sagging because they're not propped up properly then yes you can have image problems. When you push on the screen you're closing the gap manually.

These "props" are in backlit led panels but not Edge lit I think.
                Last edited by mmartell; 03-02-2018, 04:46 AM.

Comment

A faster way to fix the toothpicks is hot glue gun

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
                    Those sheets between the LCD screen and the backlight make a sandwich of sorts so if it's sagging because they're not propped up properly then yes you can have image problems. When you push on the screen you're closing the gap manually.

These "props" are in backlit led panels but not Edge lit I think.

You are correct also I have seen the props in both backlit and edge lit models. The thie diffusers cannot sag at all.

When you see the dark areas of the screen does it look like the perimeter between the dark and where the screen actually works has a Brown tinge to the picture?
                    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Why the f**k they must make them in plastic?? It's better metal..

Comment

Lol

...you've inspired me to start a new thread...
                        Last edited by mmartell; 03-03-2018, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X