philips 50pfp5332d/37 plasma both boards arcing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: philips 50pfp5332d/37 plasma both boards arcing

No dark gray but a lot of little green spots the more I check and leave it on (maybe warming up) the more the green spots show up they are a neon green color.

I don't really hear all the boards just the hissing sound happens when the S board comes on it has 2 green led's. And yes the sound does change when I am tapping the buttons on the side.

The logic board does have a led that flashes the whole time it is turned on. If I understand jumping the pins correctly, meaning touch the two pins with something metal, I could reach them with some bent wire?

Yes I do see VSCAN.

Comment

Ok yes. You would have to physically jumper pins 3 and 4 on logic. But first what is your VSCAN voltage? Black to chassis ground. Red to vscan test point.
      Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

I was looking over the y board and noticed a little green fuse (it looks like a resistor) but it reads f5700. I believe that the f is for fuse(?). I tested it and its bad and then right next to that under the heat sink was a bad capacitor. Found my problem. I don't have the correct parts here to replace and I live in a small town with no where to buy new so I am going to order them. Should I replace with the exact capacitor or go higher? It is a 25v 680uf? I do have a 25v 1000uf.

Comment

I would go with a 50v 680uf. That 25v is severely underpowered. Good luck! Sounds like your getting somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
            I would go with a 50v 680uf. That 25v is severely underpowered. Good luck! Sounds like your getting somewhere.
            Thanks for all your help. I will post my results.

Comment

The little pico fuse has a 1a on it. i am not sure what that is. Could you possibly point me in the right direction on what to order. It is on the y board under the ceramic fuse. It is labeled f7500.

Merry Christmas to you.

Comment

Most likely a 250v 1a pico

Merry Christmas to you as well

Comment

It has been fixed. It was the capacitor and pico fuse. The pico fuse was 125V 1a.

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Great glad to help!

Comment

Working...
                    X