Panasonic TX-32LZD80 - Seems completely dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TX-32LZD80 - Seems completely dead

Ok, thank you vinceroger. I see a replacement inverter board on ebay which isn't that expensive, but if the one backlight is off like this, it makes me wonder if its not just the one backlight which is broken, since one turns on and the one doesn't, instead of both being dim.

Comment

theirs around 8 ccfl tube in a tv of this size, for some reason its not lighting the whole length of the tubes im not sure what the exact fault is.

Comment

Ok I see, thank you.

Comment

I realized I was a numpty and the new power supply board was actually the solution. I opened the TV earlier to try to remove the new power supply board and noticed that I had forgot to plug in one cable into the adjacent inverter board. I plugged it in and everything works now. that specific cable had just slipped underneath the inverter board when I had removed the board to check it and then put it back, so I didn't realize there was that unplugged cable which still needed to be plugged back in. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by walkingtv View Post
            I realized I was a numpty and the new power supply board was actually the solution. I opened the TV earlier to try to remove the new power supply board and noticed that I had forgot to plug in one cable into the adjacent inverter board. I plugged it in and everything works now. that specific cable had just slipped underneath the inverter board when I had removed the board to check it and then put it back, so I didn't realize there was that unplugged cable which still needed to be plugged back in. Thanks for the help!
            Glad your replacement power supply fixed the problem and your tv is fixed, dont worry we all make the odd mistake like that from time to time.

Comment

Thank you, yes I was surprised at the mistake since I was sure that I had checked everything carefully. thanks

Comment

Working...
              X