Sanyo LCD40XR10F stuck in startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanyo LCD40XR10F stuck in startup

Picked this up for free and at switch on the front led is a steady blue whereas standby should be red. I hate this problem as most likely eeprom involved. Tried freeze spray and also quick short of eeprom pins 5 and 6. No change. Voltages from power board read....
    Main connector
    BON. O.O
    PWM. 0.0
    12V. 0.0
    12V. 12.0
    G
    G
    32V 0.0
    5V. 5.4
    G
    5V. 5.4
    G
    PON. 3.5
    Connector under that...
    24V. 24.3
    24V. 24.3
    G
    G
    G
    Top left connector...
    BON. 0.0
    PWM 0.0
    then G x 5 pins
    then 24V x 5 pins and all read 24.5
    For next check I will disconnect main and see if I can fully power on the power board and then check if I can force on backlight to see if indeed the circuits will work OK. Any input on these readings and problem are appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Sanyo LCD40XR10F stuck in startup

BON. O.O
    PWM. 0.0
    You have no BL-ON or Dim control signals from the main board.
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Correct budm and I have now forced PSU on to get all correct voltages and then needed 5v to both blon and pwm to get backlight up nice and steady. Ref first post the 32v is no connection. So PSU and backlights circuit are good and budm is right but does an eeprom issue the turn on command. There are three ICS with service manual idents as prefix 24C. Will try to follow circuits but still thinking flash memory problem with difficulty in getting the file.
      Last edited by maxvalutech; 12-04-2017, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Sorry, dont mean to hijack, but I was about to post a new thread and then found this one. I believe I have the same issue as OP. Here is what I am experiencing and what I have tried so far... any help would be much appreciated.

Just tried turning on my Sanyo LCD40XR10F TV and all I get is the blue led light ON which usually indicates the tv is turned ON (normally when the TV is in standby this led light is always red).

The panel does not show any display or light what so ever.

No sound is heard from speakers and no electrical noise from internal boards and power supply.

If I press any of the front touch buttons (power, source, menu, channel+/-,vol+/-) all of the touch button led lights turn ON but nothing happens other than the LEDs turn off after 10secs and the main blue led remains lit.

Pressing any button on the remote has no effect.

Tried powering OFF, unplugging from the outlet, all external devices disconnected, waited 60mins and tried again – no luck.

Also, tried common tv troubleshooting steps e.g. holding down touch buttons for a certain amount of time and then plugging in and still no difference. Tried a few other sequences and still no luck.

So, I removed the rear panel to search for visible signs of anything that might not look right but could not see anything wrong, however, i am not an electronics guy so I am hoping someone could help me look into this further. I did, however, look for any bulging capacitors and they all look ok to me. There is one thou that has an ever so slight bulge which could be the problem but not sure?

If all it needs is a capacitor/s change then I am happy to invest in a soldering iron starter kit and replacement capacitors and will attempt a repair, but if it's a major part that's costly I probably wouldn't bother since the tv is almost 7 years old.

Any help with troubleshooting this issue would be awesome.

Here are some pics of the tv and internal components.
        Attached Files

Comment

I think we may be up the proverbial creek without the required paddle as I recall one of our regular Oz forum members some time ago was looking for Sanyo flash program but no luck. What happened between last turn off of your set to attempted switch on? Was it left in standby - any storms about - that type of info.

Comment

Originally posted by mil6seven6 View Post
            Sorry, dont mean to hijack, but I was about to post a new thread and then found this one. I believe I have the same issue as OP. Here is what I am experiencing and what I have tried so far... any help would be much appreciated.

Just tried turning on my Sanyo LCD40XR10F TV and all I get is the blue led light ON which usually indicates the tv is turned ON (normally when the TV is in standby this led light is always red).

The panel does not show any display or light what so ever.

No sound is heard from speakers and no electrical noise from internal boards and power supply.

If I press any of the front touch buttons (power, source, menu, channel+/-,vol+/-) all of the touch button led lights turn ON but nothing happens other than the LEDs turn off after 10secs and the main blue led remains lit.

Pressing any button on the remote has no effect.

Tried powering OFF, unplugging from the outlet, all external devices disconnected, waited 60mins and tried again – no luck.

Also, tried common tv troubleshooting steps e.g. holding down touch buttons for a certain amount of time and then plugging in and still no difference. Tried a few other sequences and still no luck.

So, I removed the rear panel to search for visible signs of anything that might not look right but could not see anything wrong, however, i am not an electronics guy so I am hoping someone could help me look into this further. I did, however, look for any bulging capacitors and they all look ok to me. There is one thou that has an ever so slight bulge which could be the problem but not sure?
            If all it needs is a capacitor/s change then I am happy to invest in a soldering iron starter kit and replacement capacitors and will attempt a repair, but if it's a major part that's costly I probably wouldn't bother since the tv is almost 7 years old.

Any help with troubleshooting this issue would be awesome.

Here are some pics of the tv and internal components.
            But did you do any Voltage testing like OP did?
            Never stop learning
            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Service manual. I identify eeprom as N805.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by maxvalutech View Post
                What happened between last turn off of your set to attempted switch on?
                Now that you ask... the night before this all occurred i watched TV fine, all was normal with picture and sound, however, i recall getting a phone call whilst watching tv so i muted the sound and could hear a faint sound coming from the TV unit. The best way i can describe the sound is that it sounded like a computer hard drive when reading and writing like when you copy heaps of data or when you first turn on your computer and can hear the hard drive loading. I found this strange but finished my call and unmuted the TV and the normal tv sound then either masked this noise or maybe it stopped - not sure. In any case, i did not think much of it. Fast forward to now, i wonder if this noise was an indication of something on its way out or at fault which has led to this issue. Perhaps it means something to the TV experts in here?

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                  But did you do any Voltage testing like OP did?
                  No i haven't, and don't know how to test. I think i have a tester i scored from a mate years ago. Will see if i can find it. Should i just follow the Voltage Regulator and Inverter guides you posted above?
                  Last edited by mil6seven6; 12-05-2017, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Just for info BigW here selling new 43" Viano for $299 this week. Makes it hard to justify spending much on these older sets!

Comment

I'm shortly picking up a 40XR11 model which has intermittent picture so have put this set aside for time being. My hope is that although some boards are different the inverters may be the same and I can get one going at least.

Comment

Just for info BigW here selling new 43" Viano for $299 this week. Makes it hard to justify spending much on these older sets!
                        Very good point, but i just checked bigw online store and its listed as $399. Have you seen this instore at $299? or is there a special coming up this weekend perhaps?

https://www.bigw.com.au/product/vian...d-tv/p/650289/

Comment

Its in their catalogue for this week - see attached.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Its in their catalogue for this week - see attached.
                            Must be location-based, i just checked my mailbox and found our bigw catalogue and that model isn't even listed, they have the 40" version for $329

Comment

Starts tomorrow.

Comment

This morning I scored a 37" Sanyo and thought it may be useful for parts. Turned it on and hundreds of varied coloured vertical lines displayed - called up menu and lines cleared menu came up looking OK. Pulled it apart cleaned up a very dirty inside pulled and reseated connectors now all going well !! TVs and their owners never cease to amaze.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by maxvalutech; 12-07-2017, 12:12 AM.

Comment

I ended up tossing out my sanyo because a mate of mine was getting rid of his 42" LG one of the early ones that came with a HDD inbuilt for recording. I mentioned the issue with mine and he said i have my old LG in the basement just take that its old not sure if it works i want to get rid of it. So i took it cleaned it up, looks like new now and no faults detected so far and i am happy as larry

Comment

Working...
                                  X