Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer 600M sparkles.

Hello BadCap members,

I have been lurking the forums and found so good info here. I have an issue with my Pioneer plasma. I started noticing some “green sparkles” and plasma cell lag. It's mostly on darker scenes. I have read about the Vs/Va voltages but can't seem to find the so called sticker inside that states the voltage setting. This is a ISF calibrated set and planning on selling it once I can get it corrected as I have already purchased a OLED. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,
    Dan

Re: Pioneer 600M sparkles.

The manual is available for download

Page 50 gives some of the voltages that would be worth checking.
    Last edited by dick_barton; 10-09-2017, 10:11 AM.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Thank you for finding voltage values. So I need to check reading and adjust potentiometers to correct voltages. Anyone have info on adjusting service menu settings on these plasmas?

Comment

Just checked my voltages, everything was within spec no fluctuations.

Comment

Did you "Reset" the TV to cure "red tint" artefacts?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

No not yet, I'm reading about the “reset” on AVS, seems to be the cure for a lot of issues. I don't really have a red tint but seems the sparkles and red tint are related. You have any experience with the reset?

Thx

Comment

clean all connections first try the ribbon to y sus

Comment

From the 60F Y Drive assy to the power supply unit?

Comment

Originally posted by Dano382 View Post
                  No not yet, I'm reading about the “reset” on AVS, seems to be the cure for a lot of issues. I don't really have a red tint but seems the sparkles and red tint are related. You have any experience with the reset?

Thx
                  Do not reset your set.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes don’t think I will do complete reset, looking at checking voltage settings within the service menu, my rs232 cable comes today. Trying to figure out which ribbon cable to clean.

Comment

Yes don’t think I will do complete reset, looking at checking voltage settings within the service menu, my rs232 cable comes today. Trying to figure out which ribbon cable to clean.
                      Voltage settings is the way to approach it. Don't reset ANYTHING. You will throw your config out of sync with the panel, it may fix problems initially, but it will just get worse over time and you will lose the sync that the control board has with the panel.

What I would recommend is getting the service manual for your set and following the provided guidelines for eliminating maldischarge (usually "Determining the VOFS/VYNOFS1,3,4 point when replacing panel", there are other terms, I am familiar with the PDP-LX5090 panel.)

I have tweaked two PDP-LX5090 panels to fix various issues...they are excellent panels, and have an extraordinary range over which they can be adjusted for best performance.

Comment

From the 60F Y Drive assy to the power supply unit?
                        the flat ribbons from main or crtl board. i also plug and unplug the power connections a couple times anyways to help make a clean connection.

i had sparkles on a Panasonic plasma and cleaned the connections then they went away.
                        Last edited by bman4; 10-11-2017, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X