Samsung vertical lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung vertical lines

1st of all I would like to say I did look for a general discussion area to post this because I know you like pics and I am @ work for another week near the arctic circle in a diamond mine when home I will post pics. Just hoping for info. K first of all I searched for 3 days after joining and found nothing on my particular model. Which is Samsung UN75F8000AFXZC (C=Canadian? On u tube "A" only shows up). Symptoms are on the far left hand side 8" in is a 3" solid white line with a colored line thru middle of that, then on either side of this white line are a colored line all lines are full from top to bottom. Sorry if I broke any rules let me know and I will improve.

Re: Samsung vertical lines

Will really need pictures, but sounds like bad panel
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Still new @ this I had my wife e mail this to me I hope it works? Nope I`m sorry will wait to figure this photo upload thing
      IMG_0308.JPG [ 66 KB ]
      Last edited by badbruin44; 08-24-2017, 12:03 PM. Reason: Pic did not work

Comment

I hope pic is sent? Is it TCON or the infamous Samsung panel thing
        Attached Files
        Last edited by badbruin44; 08-24-2017, 12:18 PM.

Comment

That is unfortunately a bad panel, it will not be repairable.

The damage looks similar to that of a crack. It could be that the panel is slightly damaged in one part of the display, physically.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Crap ya if a deal is to good to be true it is not oh well. I guess I will play with it when I get home thanks for the input. Now i`m sad but from what i`ve learned here I won`t buy a new Samsung for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by badbruin44 View Post
              Crap ya if a deal is to good to be true it is not oh well. I guess I will play with it when I get home thanks for the input. Now i`m sad but from what i`ve learned here I won`t buy a new Samsung for sure.
              Well I wouldn't blame Samsung if someone has impacted the panel, shipping damage for instance, then you will see this. Every TV will suffer the same fate. LCD panels are fragile!

(Though I stand by your assertion of not buying a Samsung TV. They should be avoided unless you like replacing your TV every few years.)
              Last edited by tom66; 08-24-2017, 12:53 PM.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

K well thanks again Tom. I bought second hand and was told it worked fine. Then I found out later he might have dropped it, buyer beware my fault. But karma has a way to deal with dishonest people.

Comment

Shame. Sorry to hear that!

This is why I always insist on seeing a TV powered up before buying it. Even broken sets, I ask the person to plug them in, because then I can see a cracked screen if it's just that.

Comment

May be i'm not able to understand well english, but don't call dishonest until you don't have proof of that, depend much on how many hours tv have worked well after purchase, a panel's ribbon connect. may show problems after a movement of the set, i think. Anyway you can open the screen and put some pieces of rubber or similar like the ones on many much of youtube videos ("tv vertical lines", "lcd screen fault", etc). BYE.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                      May be i'm not able to understand well english, but don't call dishonest until you don't have proof of that, depend much on how many hours tv have worked well after purchase, a panel's ribbon connect. may show problems after a movement of the set, i think. Anyway you can open the screen and put some pieces of rubber or similar like the ones on many much of youtube videos ("tv vertical lines", "lcd screen fault", etc). BYE.
                      Not with this fault. Not repairable.

It's possible OP dropped the TV while moving it, or the person selling it bumped it, if it was an "out the back of the car" kind of deal... but it takes quite an impact to do this, and you'd probably notice.

Comment

The picture is quite small, but i don't see any crack in the screen, if the crack was in the COG (but the area is quite protected) i think he was unable to see all the large screen band it serves, the more lateral FPC carries also some supply traces that affects all the half of the screen, usually when there are only some lines and bars, a pressure in the right trace of the tab restores the correct view, like many youtube videos, also my LG with a badly damaged TAB, without pressure shows all half screen garbage,with some type of pressure shows only some bars/lines, with other pressure shows perfect video. Tom you are an expert, have you ever tried to fix theese faults? I suspect that fail begins at power supply stage (bad caps) and it spreads to the panel (sometimes burns the thin silver paint traces on tab, sometimes burns traces on glass, its a matter of high RIPPLE). My 37 Samsung had this defect and bulged caps, some other's forum members has also bad caps, i have 3 tv with panel issue and i will check next the caps. What do you think?
                        Last edited by Davi.p; 08-30-2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

We are talking about a tiny crack. May only be a few cm long. All it has to do is go through critical data lines on the panel and kill it.

Trust me, there is no way this can be fixed, and even if it were a loose COF chip ("tab bond failure") then it would not be fixable because that would be a COF to panel failure not the more common COF to board failure which can sometimes be hacked along a bit.

Comment

I think the truth can be revealed also only by hitting with fingers on the top left corner of the screen, if it is a tab damaged trace, the lines can flicker a bit (not sure, never tried, it's better to dismount the panel..), if is a cracked screen border can't make difference, but i don't undersand how can a blow on the bezel crack only a small part and not the visible screen. For a giant 70 inches i would surely take a try.

"even if it were a loose COF chip ..."

for the researches i've made until now, the tipical scenario is not a loose COF chip, but a single trace on the tab that becomes slightly interrupted, it is not easy to see but pressing all traces one by one with a toothpick i can see that the faulty point is along the line soon after the glue area ends. I've spent hours in tests, my opinion is this for now.. BYE.
                            Last edited by Davi.p; 08-30-2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

I've seen quite a few like this on eBay and even two in the Costco near me and all of them (that I could see) had a tiny bit of damage on that part of the screen. Careless handling. Certainly worth trying but I really don't see it doing anything...

Comment

Hey guys thanks for your thought. I just got home today and I will be dissecting to try and figure it out. I have also come to find that the guy I did buy from is dishonest and found out from his father in law that he dropped it slightly? What ever! Also found out the seller has an substance abuse and needed money so I guess don`t buy from shady people. Once again thanks and opening up this can of sardines.

Comment

The key of all is: the defect is shown the first instant on the first powerup or not? If yes Tom is probably right, if not you have good hopes...

Comment

K I opened this thing up and it seems to have shorted out the last panel bond on the left side (it has a burn mark on it also) what I was wondering is if I remove that last panel bond and if it will only affect like 8" of left side? I can deal with that if I don`t muck something else. Sorry for the terminology. Out of the TCON it goes to the long transistor boards with about 6 flex bonds not sure exactingly how many @ work now. Would this work?

Comment

No, unfortunately the leftmost and rightmost tabs have some power supply signals tht affects all the half of the screen so you will become with a half white screen at least. The burnirng is on the chip or on the tab's traces? Anyway on YTube there's a company ("LCD Masters"?) that sponsors him labs for changing tab bonds in a special lab, contact it!

PS: say hello to Sasquatch.. :-)
                                      Last edited by Davi.p; 09-08-2017, 06:05 AM.

Comment

K thanks Dave wish full thinking I guess in my case. The burn mark is on the clear brown transistor flex part that goes from the left circuit board that has the 2 sides (right and left) from the TCON to the panel itself I guess for a lack of better terminology.
                                        Ha the Sasquatch say`s hi back but be careful he is hungry I will check out that site if I can find it.

Comment

Working...
                                        X