Too hard to toss out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too hard to toss out

I have been messing with an LC-225V2U Sharp LCD TV for a few weeks now (off and on ) without much success. It is just too nice to throw away so I threw some cash into it in the way of a new LCD controller board. I was pretty sure that would fix it because of ehat it is doing. I have no schematic to work from so it is like looking for a TV station with out seeing campaign baloney. Anyway I bought a new board and put it in, improvement but no good. The backlights work and the sound works but the picture is at times a very thin line. I guess my fear is that the LCD panel is bad . The boards have alot of SMD capacitors on them I changed all the thru hole ones already . I seems like a low voltage issue to me ,could these SMD caps be causing this problem ? I am putting some pictures on here But the screen gets colored bars on it and is sectioned off in different colers then finally gets grayish and fuzzy looking.
    Thanks
    Dave
    I am pretty good at keeping a secret,it's the people I tell that can't keep their mouth shut!

Re: Too hard to toss out

Here are some pictures that I just took This all goes away in a few minutes ,now the backlight is starting to shut down also which I can't understand because the voltage is going to the inverter on every wire . Anybody want to help me save this nice looking TV I am leaning towards recapping the whole board,I have wasted money on worse things.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CudaDave70; 10-25-2008, 10:24 AM.
    I am pretty good at keeping a secret,it's the people I tell that can't keep their mouth shut!

Comment

Re: Too hard to toss out

Should have posted the pictures first before throwing money after it.

LCD panel is byebye. Get another panel or send panel off for repair, there are some LCD repair shops around. Do a google.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Working...
      X