Sharp LC-70LE757U 3D Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-70LE757U 3D Not Working

Hoping someone can help me with my Sharp LC-70LE757U. My tv is only 1 1/2 years old, barely out of warranty. The 3D feature had been working fine, but now it wont work. When I perform the built in 3D test, the images just will not converge to make 3D. My son has the exact same tv model and his works just fine with the various 3D glasses I am using to test mine, so the issue is absolutely the 3D on my TV. I called Sharp and they walked me through a soft and a hard reset of the TV but it did not solve the problem. I just tried a test using non-battery powered 3D glasses to help figure out if the issue was a bad IR transmitter but that did not work either so it seems that the issue must be elsewhere, perhaps on the motherboard or TCON. Has anyone else encountered this issue and know what the solution is? The picture and sound of the tv in 2D mode is perfect and I really love this tv, but was really hoping to be able to watch 3D on it again.

Re: Sharp LC-70LE757U 3D Not Working

I doubt this is the problem but I have a Samsung 3D set.
    I need to switch my set to 3D mode and then using the bluetooth glasses, have them connect to the set which then shows that they are connected. This is normally after 30 sec or so.
    Also the 3D format of what you want to watch must be the correct format. I normally use my laptop (connected to my tv) and look for Youtube 3D side-by-side video clip to test my set.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me. The 3D feature of my Sharp was working fine for over a year using the same glasses that are still working on the same model 3D TV that my son owns so whatever the issue, it is definitely something with my TV that has gone on the fritz. I am using the 3D test on the TV itself so that I was able to rule out the issue being with the broadcasting from the blueray player.

Comment

There's this information
        Attached Files

Comment

hmmm... as suggested, ensure you have checked that the settings are correct and someone hasn't "accidentally" played with them.

thinking on this more... since you have access to another "working set", try this test on the working set. Use your glasses, put the working set in 3d mode and "test mode". Ensure that you can see a "3d" image. Now block the emitter at the set (tape or otherwise)... what do you see? Does it look like the image on the non-working set? IF so, then you have likely found the area to focus further attention on... ie. the emitter and supporting circuitry. IF the image doesn't look like that on your non-working set, then you have likely some other issue / area of problem.
          Last edited by budwich; 10-23-2016, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks. Do you know where I could find the repair manual for the Sharp Aquos LC-70LE757U? I did an internet search but could not find it. I tried the recommendations that were listed on the thumbnail with no success but I do appreciate the link so thanks.

Comment

I found this earlier.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. I just spotted a suggestion from Budwich to test out the 3D glasses on my son's working TV and block the IR sensor. I just tried that and even with the IR sensor covered over, I still got perfect 3D on my son's TV using the battery powered 3D glasses. I was not expecting that result as I would have thought that the battery powered glasses needed to receive an IR signal to provide 3D viewing but not so. Perfect 3D on his TV. The images are the same as on mine in test mode, with the balloons having a ghost image to the rear left and rear right of the solid balloon when the glasses are off but on his working TV, with the glasses on, the three images of the balloon all merge to form the 3D effect but on my TV, the two ghosted images stay ghosted behind the solid balloon when I put on the glasses.

Comment

Thanks for posting the manual but unfortunately that is the owner's manual that I have with the TV. I am hoping that somewhere there is a link to the technician's service and repair manual. I found that for other models of the TV but not the model of I have.

Comment

where are you doing your "blocking"... more specifically exactly what are you blocking and what are using to block? Your "result" is surprising... but I don't know alot about 3d.

looking for a manual... you need to broaden your "search" as sharp and others don't publish "specific model" manuals, they put them out as a "family" (ie. 40,50,60,70, etc) so looking too specific will likely not get your result.

further hmmm... what model of glasses are you using?
                    Last edited by budwich; 10-23-2016, 11:31 AM.

Comment

I am using the Sharp glasses that came with the TV. I used a book to block the IR sensors on the front bottom of the TV. The book successfully blocked the sensors as I had to move the book away to use the TV remote to access the test menu and then I put the book back in place after selecting the 3D test. The results surprised me as well.

Comment

Are the glasses Bluetooth (Sharp AN-3DG40)?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by dick_barton; 10-23-2016, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I don't believe so. They are model AN-3DG20-B. No mention of Bluetooth on the box.

Comment

Originally posted by farcwarts View Post
                            I am using the Sharp glasses that came with the TV. I used a book to block the IR sensors on the front bottom of the TV. The book successfully blocked the sensors as I had to move the book away to use the TV remote to access the test menu and then I put the book back in place after selecting the 3D test. The results surprised me as well.
                            hmmm, i don't think that's how it works. The emitter is sending a signal from the tv that glasses receiver and sync with. I don't think its the IR receiver for the remote which is kind of the opposite direction... just my guess. :-)

just to be sure... "geek" your glasses (careful of the lens) to block the receiver.
                            Last edited by budwich; 10-23-2016, 12:19 PM.

Comment

The link with the 3D glasses could be Bluetooth or RF. The AN-3DG20-B glasses appear to use RF.

Comment

if true... then perhaps you have significant rf interference happening in your watching area causing issues... any new LED lights installed lately... other lighting changes, some other electronics in the room?

I haven't found whether the 757 uses both types of "sync systems" (ie. rf / ir).

The on-line manual that I see for the glasses indicate that they are IR based with receivers in the side / temple area.
                                Last edited by budwich; 10-23-2016, 12:45 PM.

Comment

I just looked all over the front of the TV and only see the two dots for IR sending.

Comment

OK... but then block the signal at the glasses. Again, see if things change with the "test" at a working system.

Another check... what indication do you have on the glasses that they are "ON" and functioning.... ie. light. I see a "low battery" indicator. Is that indicator "on"?
                                    I see that the glasses automagically turn off after 10 mins of no signal... what / how is that indicated?

Comment

Thank you again for your help. I did tests with two fully charged sets of glasses that had previously worked just fine with my tv and still work fine with my son's same model tv. I covered the IR sensor on the glasses and the 3D did not appear when testing the glasses with his tv but as soon as I uncover the IR on the glasses, perfect 3d appeared, as expected. On my son's tv I noticed that the ghosted balloons are only slightly to the left and right behind the solid balloon when viewing the test screen without glasses or when covering up the IR sensor on the glasses. But on my tv, the ghost balloons appear to be further out on both sides behind the solid balloon. To me the issue clearly rests inside my TV, and I think it is whatever board the 3D function rests on, but I could be wrong as I am guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                                        The link with the 3D glasses could be Bluetooth or RF. The AN-3DG20-B glasses appear to use RF.
                                        This is where I found the information saying they were RF but I would have to agree with you that your testing indicates that they are IR

http://quantum3dglasses.com/sharp-an...11-3d-glasses/

Comment

Working...
                                        X