Samsung plasma pn50b550t2f power on/off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung plasma pn50b550t2f power on/off

I'm ordering a power supply, I tested the y buffer for shorts. And from everything I've read it's the most common cause for a tv just shutting down while you watch it. With no audio or picture. I hate shot gun maint. Unless some thinks differently I'm going PCB

Comment

You tested VS, VA and VE for shorts to ground and there were none ? How about the fuses, did you check them for continuity ?

Comment

Thanks for the reply, yes I tested ve, vscan, va, and vs for short to ground by putting the red meter lead on the test point and black lead on chassis ground. All fuses checked good for continuity. I wish it was just a bulged cap and I could be done already lol. We will see if the new pcb fixes the problem. If I had a short to ground I would have just replaced the affected board right? I've been looking for ways to test the logic board but having problems finding procedures. I've tested the logic board pins coming from the PCB for resistance and they seem ok. Anything else you could think of I would appreciate, and thanks for your time!

Comment

UPDATE! received new PCB from shop jimmy, installed new board, hooked up everything (of course 1 at a time) and wouldnt you know it tv works! So after all this, the PCB was faulty. I don't know what is faulty on it but something is. I might work on my soldering skills and change all the caps. Thank you for everyone for your help, first TV repair completed!!!!! Couldn't be happier! ������

Comment

Working...
          X