2010 samsung pn50c550 y buffer/yboard problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 samsung pn50c550 y buffer/yboard problems

Hi. i recently got my hands on the above mentioned tv a buddy found in the trash. it turned on, chimed, no picture but sound when i found a channel. removed back, slow green blink on control board.

looked online and decided to check the y sus board. found smatterings on the metal case behind the board and found 2 opens on the board at the smatterings location. I repaired them and still no go. caps all looked ok with no signs of cold or bad solder joints. i don't know how to test this board further. i then followed tests on youtube for checking for shorts on the y buffer and so far found none. i then removed the control and power from the y sus and got a steady quick "pulse" from the green led. power from y sus then feeds x, so i reconnected the power to the y sus with control cable still off and still got a green "pulse".

can i infer from this that the x boards are still ok?

ohyea, i also checked the vs, v- and the 3rd for power and they peak correctly then drop while connected to the y sus board. so i am assuming power supply is ok.

i have since ordered a y sus board online but couldn't find a reasonable y buffer. Are there any other problems a y buffer could have that would take out the y sus immediately or in time? i only checked the ground to panel pins. any other checks i should make?

Another question...

i noticed that of the 4 input plugs on the y buffer board, most of the pins are common grounds. Why would they use so many common grounds when a single or double ground would reduce 4 plugs to just one?

Last question.

Some of my research suggests that excessive heat is largely responsible for so many board failures in plasma tv's. Why did they not install a fan? Would installing a small fan do any good?

Thank you all for your time.

Rodster.
Working...
X