Sony KDL-32M3000 ghosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-32M3000 ghosting

I have a Sony Bravia with strange symptoms. It is an LCD TV and it appears to have ghosting, or trails behind anything that moves on the screen. Is this a main board issue or a bad panel? Here are some pics of the TV screen. I haven't opened the tv yet. I want to know if its a panel problem before I waste any time on it.

Attached Files

Re: Sony KDL-32M3000 ghosting

What Tcon is in this ? I had a different Tv with failed Gamma Ic on the Tcon was causing very bad ghosting like this.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

thanks for the quick reply. I will take the tv apart and take pics.

Comment

Ok mate
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Here is a pic of the t-con and the inside of the tv

Attached Files

Comment

anyone???

Comment

so nobody has any idea what would cause this.

Comment

I would say either mainboard or panel tabbonds.

Comment

Tab bond issues
                  Take of the cover to the screen tabs and press each one to see if it changes ,if one does than the screen is the issue
                  I dont think this is a T-con issue

Comment

You could try a new T-con but that looks like the typical Sony TFT LCD failure with the tab bonding.

Seeing that you only have one TFT ribbon cable coming out of the T-con makes it hard to test left and right screen integrity.

Very rare occasions the video output on the mainboard can cause LCD pixel text/picture bleed.

Comment

thank you very much!!! I also feel its a tab bonding issue. Is it worth trying to fix this or not? If it isn't reliable I would rather not waste my time.

Comment

Worth a shot, I have sold Tv's that I preformed tab bond repairs on over 2 years ago not an issue. Also all the others I have done have been fine.

Comment

ok. From what I see in the service manual, seems very labor intensive. I have to remove all of the circuit boards. Wont be able to have tv on and press on tabs to find the one that is the problem.

Comment

You can do break it down with all the boards intact, all you need to do is remove the front bezel and then remove the front metal shroud around the LCD panel and presto.

IMO its a lot of work but might as well give it a go if you already have it apart.

Comment

ok I got it apart, and now the screen looks fine. Should I put electrical tape on the tab ribbons? The tabs look fine. Also when I press on them there is no reaction on the screen.

Comment

If you are not getting any change with the tabs its probably the embedded IC chip inside the ribbon cables attached to the screen.

At this point I would just button it up and call it, if the mainboard is cheap or T-con you could try those but at this point being a 32" cost of parts vs a new TV thats up to you.

I know with most sony mainboards they are not just plug in play you will need to update the firmware if applicable, enter the Service menu and make sure to select the proper panel type ect.

Thats all I got to offer for advice! Good luck!

Comment

Can also try Freeze Spray or heat (hair dryer) the tabs up to see if that makes any changes.

Comment

I tried a hot air gun and freeze spray, and there was no reaction for either. Should I just put it back together and see if it works, or is it better to just call it a day on this tv.

Comment

Push on the tabs when its on see if it makes an improvement.

Comment

after i took the tv apart to get access to the tabs, the screen is normal now. Pressing on the tabs had no effect.

Comment

Working...
                                        X