Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung PS43D450 - No Picture Has Sound.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PS43D450 - No Picture Has Sound.

Hi dudes,

Cheers for the buffer board youtube video that seems to be the problem I have found short circuits on 2 of the connectors top 3 where ok bottom one was all good problems started showing on the one second from the bottom at the top of the connector and shorts on the third from the bottom at the very bottom of the connector (hope this makes sense)

Where do I go from here order a new buffer board or will i need the ysus and the buffer board?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
      I bet that your Ymain is probably shorted. Do you know how to check for S/C ?
      Looks like you where spot on good sir - S/C's detected on the buffer board - where do you suggest I go from here?

Comment

O.k went ahead and removed the buffer board from the Y-main and still getting the voltage dropping off like a stone.

One thing I noticed when I disconnect the Y-Main it shows 0 Vs when it falls off - With the Y-Main connected it drops and then stays at 10v and holds steady there.

Should I just replace the y-main and the buffer board and see what happens? Dont want to waste money on these parts though without proper confirmation from the experts

I can also here a very small ticking noise coming from the little black box on the board where I measure Vs and Va and its ticking right beside where the power gets inserted like in the last video posted I believe he says it's a relay?
        Last edited by ph3d; 01-04-2016, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PhaseCoder View Post
          Looks like he has the same problem as me voltages are being pulled down when the X and Y are both disconnected.. wasn't resolved there either

Comment

You need to now check the mosfets and IGBTS on the Y and X main fo S/C.
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
              You need to now check the mosfets and IGBTS on the Y and X main fo S/C.
              O.k will do mate thank you - In work just now after about 4 hours sleep last night as I sat up playing and trying to find out more so wont be able to check or do anything for about the next 12 hours..

Can you give me any advice on testing the mosfets and IGBT's?

On the Y-SUS board is it just testing a short circuit between the larger blue plastic covered parts in this pic -

Is there a IGBT on there I am not sure what that is and looking at the pictures of IGBT on google I am not sure I can see it on there.

Cheers for all the help so far mate!

Comment

Ok I think the mosfet is the black piece sticking up on the right hand side in the middle of the picture and where it is soldered it has some of that gunk around it i started removing this but what should I be testing on the mosfet?

Also where is the IGBT on the above picture and how do I test that?

Comment

Thats glue its normal. Im going to be dead honest here so dont take offence. I dont think you should waste your time on the original X and Y boards they are super cheap to obtain and the parts (IGBTS etc) are more expensive to get than another board also as youve never done it before its going to be a long painful process for everyone. Check ebay for them there is plenty.
                  Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

If you want after the Tv is up and working to experiment with testing we can help you then, but for the Tv's sake probably best to order some replacement boards.

Comment

No worries bro - thanks for all the help - Will I order all 3?

X - Y and Buffer?

Edit: Ordered all 3 - £44 quid delivered - Thanks again for all the help
                      Last edited by ph3d; 01-05-2016, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Yes buddy

Comment

Working...
                        X