Re: ps50c77hdx/xec

Yes ps-on collapse to 0,2v

Comment

Yes ps-on collapse to 0,2v

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
        Ok when it shuts down does Pson collapse ?
        Maybe other idea?

Comment

You'll need to bulb the psu--see if it will run ok without the set...

disconnect every plug except mains in from the psu, short ps/on to std 5v and vs on to gnd. Attach 100-150W std lightbulb--not energy-saver--to vs and gnd.

Apply power to mains input. bulb should light and all other supplies should test as noted on the sockets.
          TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
          http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
          PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post
            You'll need to bulb the psu--see if it will run ok without the set...

disconnect every plug except mains in from the psu, short ps/on to std 5v and vs on to gnd. Attach 100-150W std lightbulb--not energy-saver--to vs and gnd.

Apply power to mains input. bulb should light and all other supplies should test as noted on the sockets.
            Oke i will try this and see if it runs oke.
            Thanx

Comment

Check for 5v stby. then Ps/on should be grounded( made low). this will bring the relays in (all low voltages will now show ) . Vs/on needs a 470-1000 ohm resister jumper between it and 5v stby( made high) to bring the board to life (high voltages Va/Vs will now show if working) test and report

Comment

Originally posted by flocko View Post
                Check for 5v stby. then Ps/on should be grounded( made low). this will bring the relays in (all low voltages will now show ) . Vs/on needs a 470-1000 ohm resister jumper between it and 5v stby( made high) to bring the board to life (high voltages Va/Vs will now show if working) test and report
                Thanx👍🏻

I have grounded ps/on but the relay doesn't start click voltage 4,0v
                Standby 5v
                I have changed the relay to make sure that isn't the problem but still the same.
                Any idea why?

Comment

So you have Stby 5v / just the relays not coming in? start checking ICQ805 check the in and out voltages when grounding Ps on .dont forget use hot ground - leg main cap when testing , CQ802/807and 815 can cause this loss as well

Comment

So you have Stby 5v / just the relays not coming in? start checking ICQ805 check the in and out voltages when grounding Ps on .dont forget use hot ground - leg main cap when testing , CQ802/807and 815 can cause this loss as well
                    Oke i will check this thanx for your help mate👍🏻

Comment

I have checked icq805 and voltage in pulsate between 4v and 6v and out 4v.
                      Cq802/807 and 815 i changed them for new caps.

Comment

Can you check the 5v Stby when you put Ps on to ground is it still holding 5v?

Comment

Can you check the 5v Stby when you put Ps on to ground is it still holding 5v?
                          Yes 5v still there

Comment

And ICQ 805 in and out voltage when Ps on is grounded on and off no change, you are using neg leg of main cap (hot ground) as ground for testing ICQ805?

Comment

And ICQ 805 in and out voltage when Ps on is grounded on and off no change, you are using neg leg of main cap (hot ground) as ground for testing ICQ805?
                              Oke i will check this and let jou know.

Comment

When i'm using hot ground and test icq805 with ps-on grounded 0v in and out.
                                And when ps-on not grounded the same.

Comment

Do you have the schematic for BN44-00161. you can find it at Toms service manuals in the tv repair library. You need to back track from ICQ805 to try and find were your problem is. the viper is working as you would not have 5v stby. start by checking diode DB807 if this is open you would get Ov to ICQ805. if you get the schematic this will help to back track.update and if you get stuck we are here

Comment

Do you have the schematic for BN44-00161. you can find it at Toms service manuals in the tv repair library. You need to back track from ICQ805 to try and find were your problem is. the viper is working as you would not have 5v stby. start by checking diode DB807 if this is open you would get Ov to ICQ805. if you get the schematic this will help to back track.update and if you get stuck we are here
                                    Oke thanx👍🏻

Comment

i have nearly the exact problem with a bn44-00162 i have no 15V at icq805 output and nothing at the input i'ved track the voltage down to the qc803 pnp transistor it got around 20v at the emitter coming from the tb801/ viper22 area
                                      the transistor test good the base of the transistor seems to come from pcq802 opto. i'm stuck there for the moment. should i check on the cold side of the opto or stay on hot side?

for the ps_on i'm using a resistor under 1k
                                      i got my 5v standby and it's stable.
                                      i replace the cb816 22uf 450v
                                      checked cq802 cq807 and cq815. the all are ok
                                      all four fets are ok

the guy who gave me the tv set is not sure if the tv quit during a thunder storm

Comment

If I remember this BN44-00162A correctly, when PS-ON is LOW, it is = Power supply ON. it is opposite from most other power supplies.
                                        Never stop learning
                                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

ps_on is at ground via a 1k resistor

Comment

Working...
                                          X