LG 50ps80 picture freezes while sound plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50ps80 picture freezes while sound plays

have a lg 50ps80-ua plasma that powers on and works for 5-30 seconds, then the picture freezes while the sound continues to play, then the tv didn't respond to the remote to turn the volume up or down, mute, menu, etc all while the picture is frozen. I turn it off then immediately back on and it repeats the process. I've unplugged it for long periods of time to no avail, I've pulled the back panel off hoping it was a simple capacitor that was obviously bad or fuse, but everything looks ok. I'm trying to figure out if it's the main board that I can't find anywhere, or the logic control board in the middle. I read forums on checking the "auto gen ext" to determine if it's the logic board, but can't figure it out on this one. It even freezes the screensaver and menu with no input devices connected. Thank you for your time!
    Attached Files

Re: LG 50ps80 picture freezes while sound plays

I have had lots of issues out of them mainboards, normally the Bga solder on them fails but you could have a regulator fault here bu the sounds of it. Do you know how to load the test patterns ?
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

That's what I was trying to figure out was how to load test patterns, I disconnected the ribbon from the main board, but can't locate the two contact points to wire so it will run test patterns. It looked simple on other lg logic boards.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by fzabkar View Post
          Perfect, I downloaded the first one, I have to wait until tomorrow before it allows me to download the second one. hopefully this solves my mystery of how to run the auto gen test images so I can finally figure out if it's main board or control board. Is there a place that repairs boards? I can't find a new or used main board if that's the culprit.

Comment

If your ISP provides you with a dynamic IP address, then just reboot your modem and you will get a new IP. You may also need to delete a cookie.

Comment

Originally posted by fzabkar View Post
              If your ISP provides you with a dynamic IP address, then just reboot your modem and you will get a new IP. You may also need to delete a cookie.
              I downloaded it to my phone, I can use the cpu when I get home tonight. Good thinking

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                I have had lots of issues out of them mainboards, normally the Bga solder on them fails but you could have a regulator fault here bu the sounds of it. Do you know how to load the test patterns ?
                I finally had time to load the test patterns and it ran through the test repeatedly without failing, so unfortunately it is a bad main board that I can't find replacement for anywhere. Is there someone who fixes them? I've done capacitors before, but that's about the extent of my electrical circuit board knowledge

Comment

Or is it possible to replace with a different main board from a different 50" lg plasma?

Comment

Seems such a waste to throw away a plasma with good screen because of one board.
                    Last edited by mcolelvn; 12-26-2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Lg do allow exchanges between different panels. I used a 32" Pdp mainboard in a 50" worked fine. As long as the resolution is correct. Also calm down people will reply give us time lol
                      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                        Lg do allow exchanges between different panels. I used a 32" Pdp mainboard in a 50" worked fine. As long as the resolution is correct. Also calm down people will reply give us time lol
                        So is there a board from lg that's more common that I can swap this one for? Maybe one that doesn't cost $150+? Lol I appreciate your guys help, thanks again.

Comment

Check this, £45 with international shipping:

Pate into ebay search.

Comment

Trouble is, a UK/Euro version may work in US set--But will not suit the rear cover--different sockets and input variations.....

Euro will have SCART, US will have loads of RCA A/V sockets....
                            Last edited by Alastair E; 12-26-2015, 05:13 PM.
                            TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                            http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                            PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post
                              Trouble is, a UK/Euro version may work in US set--But will not suit the rear cover--different sockets and input variations.....

Euro will have SCART, US will have loads of RCA A/V sockets....
                              What about this one, 172035528602
                              looks the same, what's the difference between 50ps60 & 50ps80

Comment

If its the same part-number, you should be fine
                                TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                                http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                                PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

it's a different part number, but as far as I can tell the specs on the tv are the same screen size same resolution, and the board looks the same, and there seems to be a lot of main boards available for that model and none for mine. They were even bade the same year I'm going to give it a shot and I'll let you guys know what happens In a week.

Comment

It worked! Barely fit one of the cables, and I have to cut a hole in the back panel now to access it, but the different main board worked just fine. Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                                    X