Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ModusLink PTS not accepting new orders

http://www.moduslinkptstvboards.com/

I just saw this today, does anyone have any more info whether it is temp or permanent?

Are their any recommendations for an alternate repair facility?

Dear Customer,
    Effective immediately, we will no longer be accepting new orders. If you have an order already in process, please allow us the usual time to complete it for you. If you have questions about warranty support, please contact us by email at moduslinkparts@moduslink.com. Thank you for your business.
    Last edited by djw43; 10-02-2015, 05:58 AM.

Re: ModusLink PTS not accepting new orders

that's a blow for sure for you guys. wonder if they went bust. Some repairs were very cheap but they seem to do a good job going by reports here.

bet all those ebay rebuilds will like that.

Comment

They might have alot of work and want to get caught up. That place makes alot of money there prices are so high. I only use them when i can not find a replacement board other then that prices are to high

Comment

Originally posted by mattstolte View Post
        They might have alot of work and want to get caught up. That place makes alot of money there prices are so high. I only use them when i can not find a replacement board other then that prices are to high
        Yeah, you try running a place that repairs boards at the prices they charge. It's tough. I bet at least 25% returns rate on boards from people who can't diagnose their TVs properly. And you work for minimum wage? Real techs don't.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

just received this message:

"Hello,
          Thank you very much for your inquiry. Currently, effective immediately on September 29, 2015, we will no longer be accepting new orders and do not intend to resume. Any outright purchase made before this date or repair orders sent in before this date will be handled as per our normal high standards of processing and with the same standard turnaround time. If you have any additional questions or are in need of warranty support, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.
          "

Comment

Man, I really hate to see this. They have been awesome on hard to find boards when I need them. I've sent several there and always have them back in less than a week total round trip time. Not to mention they've been 100% on repairs for me. I'm going to miss having that reliable option.

Comment

Originally posted by djw43 View Post
              just received this message:

"Hello,
              Thank you very much for your inquiry. Currently, effective immediately on September 29, 2015, we will no longer be accepting new orders and do not intend to resume. Any outright purchase made before this date or repair orders sent in before this date will be handled as per our normal high standards of processing and with the same standard turnaround time. If you have any additional questions or are in need of warranty support, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.
              "

Just a professional way of saying that they're probably not making enough money to justify the hassle of it all.

Comment

Are there any competitors to moduslink that anyone can recommend?
                Thanks.

Comment

No there is no competitors. Modus did say they have a few companies sending offers to them tryingn to buy there program which they are going to be selling it. I'm thinking tri state module or shop jimmy may be one But Thats my opinion

Comment

This is a huge blow to us.

I just found out now because I had a store credit with them and they sent me a check in the mail for the amount.

Looks like they are cashing out and are outta here.

How sad... Altho I did question the viability of a facility like this. TV fixers are a dying breed and it's largely just DIY types trying to tinker with their dead sets...

I really hope someone else picks it up. They had one hell of a service.
                    Successfully Saved Various TV's and Monitors from the Landfill:
                    Acer AL2423W (Fixed in 2010, Still in use today), Panasonic TH-37PD25 (Twice), Panasonic TC-P55GT30 ($100 CL Score), JVC 27" LCD Television
                    Repair Equipment: Fluke 88V, Hakko 936
                    Skills: Measure/solder at component level. Light IC replacements (Chip Quik)

Comment

its nice too see a genuine company returning peoples credit money not all company's would do that some just close up and dissapear overnight.

Comment

Indeed. They are good people. Stormi treated me very well over there. Always sent prepaid labels for my boards, and offered me that store credit when repairs took longer than normal due to parts availability.

You just don't see that anymore. Such a shame. =/
                        Acer AL2423W (Fixed in 2010, Still in use today), Panasonic TH-37PD25 (Twice), Panasonic TC-P55GT30 ($100 CL Score), JVC 27" LCD Television

Comment

Anyone know anything about this? Same people, taken over ? or ???

http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                            Anyone know anything about this? Same people, taken over ? or ???

http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/
                            i am glad to see that someone has taken over where Modus left off!
                            The website has a very similar look and structure to ModusLink.

Comment

It sure looks like someone took this over and is running with it.

Let's hope!

This is great news.

Comment

Same address...

Comment

Indeed, it is the same group under new owners. I got an email reply from them.

Comment

Working...
                                  X