e701i-a3 no picture but backlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: e701i-a3 no picture but backlights

you might see if you can track down an lvds cable as I have seen some posts for other sets where people have found issue with the "folds" (if you have any in the cable).

Comment

Ok so I recently temporarily fixed the tv with removing the strips from the side of the tv. It was all good and it went black on me again but I got audio. Ordered a tcon board from eBay which I just got I plugged it all in turned the tv on vizio sign came on and it went blank again. I tried swapping and put the old tcon board an still nothing. Now is it the mofset chip or that transistor???? Also anyone who has modded the tcon board can you help me out and mod mine? I'll pay if I must. Either way let me know guys. Thanks

Comment

Have you done the flashlight test to verify that the t-con is bad?

Comment

I have not done the flashlight test. I'm not sure what it is. Could you please tell me? Or point me to the post on this thread. I got excited with the new tcon saw the vizio logo then blank so I was sad Well let me know thank you

Comment

There are videos on YouTube showing how. Basically you turn the tv on and in a darkened room shine a bright flashlight onto the screen to see if you see any images. I used the flashlight on my iPhone to test mine.

Comment

Oh yea the screen works. I removed the strips from the side and the tv was working fine for a month. Then all of the sudden tv image went out but I still had sound. I got a new tcon board plugged it in turned tv the vizio logo came on and then it went off again. I'm just wondering if someone here would be able to put a new mosfet chip on for me. I have zero experience soldering. So if someone has a few mosfet chips laying around they can be kind enough to help out. Thanks for replying

Comment

So you did the flashlight test and have an image on the screen?

Comment

Yes sir

Comment

Then t-con board is working properly. You will need to check voltages going from power supply to LEDs.

Comment

Ok I will do myself a favor and start with this thread from the beginning. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lynk783 View Post
                        Ok I will do myself a favor and start with this thread from the beginning. Thanks
                        There's a slight possibility your other side went bad...
                        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Ok so what should I do to find out? I am ready to grab my sledge hammer and just give this b*tch a pounding lol. Let me know thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                            There's a slight possibility your other side went bad...
                            But freaksftr8... this poster indicates that he has a picture (flashlight test) so would that not mean its more of a backlight issue than the other side going bad. If the other side is now bad, would he not have no picture.

Comment

Alright I re-did the flash light test. No picture. I do have the back lighting that comes on. Does anyone on here have an extra mosfet chip and if so would they be able to solder it for me? An how much would they charge? I have two tcon boards. Please let me know as I'm deciding either continue with trying to fix this project or just scrap it and go spend money on a new one. But I'd much rather fix this on

Comment

Originally posted by Lynk783 View Post
                                Alright I re-did the flash light test. No picture. I do have the back lighting that comes on. Does anyone on here have an extra mosfet chip and if so would they be able to solder it for me? An how much would they charge? I have two tcon boards. Please let me know as I'm deciding either continue with trying to fix this project or just scrap it and go spend money on a new one. But I'd much rather fix this on
                                Have you checked your existing mosfet chip on the t-con board with multimeter and verified it is bad? It explains what to look for in the beginning of the thread.

Comment

In order to figure out which side is bad I need to have a good t-con board correct? If my board is bad my screen won't change?

Comment

Yes that is correct. Best thing to do is remove the output ribbons and test power the ton. Check voltages on the coil's of the tcon. Then connect one side of the ribbon and power up. Look for half of the V on startup. If you don't see it within 3 seconds immediately unplug the TV. Unplug that ribbon and connect the other side. If you see the V then, you know that the opposite side is bad.

Comment

my last board i put in, when i powered it up i saw the v logo and then it faded away from left to right would that mean the left side is bad?

Comment

What happens with just the right side connected? It sounds indicative of the left being bad.

Comment

well my new board wont be in until monday or tuesday, but before it zapped the t con i had a picture for about 3 seconds then it was like a cloud moving across the whole screen from left to right and the V was gone, i couldnt get the screen back after that i am assuming because it took out the t conn, but when i put the volt meter on the resistor it gets power through it so im kinda lost i dont know a lot about boards or the components on them

Comment

Working...
                                          X