e701i-a3 no picture but backlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: e701i-a3 no picture but backlights

ok will look for a test pattern, here is another picture with different main board but same thing more viable in the darker areas.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks just like low bitrate content. Blocking and banding is common on that type of content. Try a Bluray or other source.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by euroryde View Post
        ok will look for a test pattern, here is another picture with different main board but same thing more viable in the darker areas.
        I get the same picture breakdown when I am streaming something from my home server with a file coded more towards small size vs higher quality. Even on my new 55" 4k LG.

If you are in fact streaming from your computer, NAS, whatever, then put a video test pattern onto it that you can play. A picture test pattern works as well.

Comment

Was just curious is this the ? Myra? I have been reading about? It's on the top middle portion of the screen and comes out more when the screen is dark. When it's bright and corful it pretty much disappears. Adjusting the settings minimalizes the problem and I have already tried loosening the back screws and it really didn't do a thing.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys! Especially freakaftr8 for the fix. This 100% worked for me on a Vizio e701i-A3, and saved us from buying a new TV here at work. I'm not sure how you figured out that tearing the side driver boards off, but kudos for that. I replaced the T-con board after the old one died, and no dice. Then I read this thread, did the troubleshooting, held my breath and ripped off (gently) the right side driver boards, and bingo.

Comment

Hello, Glad to see this still up as I have been following this and re-read it so many time.....I have a LC-70LE650U that I have been trying to bring back to life due to a bad panel fault and thanks to this post I was hoping it could be fixed/saved, but I'm not sure if it can be fixed now....as I have multi color vertical lines towards the middle and far Right side. I have brought a T-con board(Ebay) posted as removed from a cracked TV, but when I put that T-con board in after the removal of the side driver boards I dont get a pic/image of anything just the vertical lines. But when I put the original T-con board in I get the Sharp logo and menu, but with a kind of different thickness in the vertical lines. So my question is do I need a new T-con or is this just a vertical panel problem that can NOT be saved

Things I have done:

I have located the bad side which is the Left side while facing the front of TV
              I have identified the bad/burned driver board on that side
              I have disconnected the lower Left side cable(Right side still remains connected)
              I have went ahead and removed the whole Left side driver boards from the panel(All 5)

Pic 1 = is the driver boards removed from the Left side when facing the TV from the front
              Pic 2 = is the bad/burned driver board that was on the Left side when facing the front of TV
              Pic 3 = is with the new T-con board with no image just vertical lines
              Pic 4 = is with original T-con with a image,but vertical lines
              Attached Files

Comment

My "gut" is telling me you have a cabling problem ... probably after playing with the tcon cables... :-) have you got your glasses on when you re-connect the cables.... :-)

I think there are drivers in the bottom boards... have you carefully check those for issues... the bad news if they are a problem, there is no save. :-(

I think there are "coupler cables" between the bottom boards (ie. two boards per side)... what happens if you disconnect the "coupler cables" on one side? It doesn't look good but I am still thinking a cabling issue to the tcon... check / clean cabling closely.

Comment

I haven't Checked the bottom cables at all. The picture cleared up once I removed the Left side drivers. I will check and recheck all cables when I get home from work here in a few. Thank you for the input Budwick

Comment

I have checked and cleaned all cables, they looked to be seated correctly. The bottom driver boards looks good and now issues when I touch them no change on the lines. I did notice when I hit menu or something on the remote there is a vertical line that flickers in /out a lil. Is there a chance the cables to the T-con may have a short in them? or would the main board cause an issue?

Comment

switch the cables around and see if the problem follows.

Comment

Nope no dice, same issue no change. grrr not sure if it's a T-con issue or cables to the T-con...but it's probably just a dead panel :-(

Comment

dead panel

Comment

Originally posted by dcaron614 View Post
                            Nope no dice, same issue no change. grrr not sure if it's a T-con issue or cables to the T-con...but it's probably just a dead panel :-(
                            hmmm... :-(
                            OK... so let's back track a bit. What happens when you disconnect one side of of tcon? the other side disconnected?

:-( highly likely a bad lower tab driver... but I was hoping.
                            Last edited by budwich; 02-27-2016, 03:56 PM.

Comment

When I disconnect the Left cable from T-con(facing the back of TV).......but left side has those vertical lines towards the middle left but produced a NEW set of vertical lines at the far left of screen as well(facing front of TV)

When I removed the Right cable from T-con(facing the back of TV) there was no change same vertical line on the far right of screen(facing front of TV)

Hope this is not confusing you, if so I'm sorry

Comment

I also notice when I have just the left side T-con cable connected when I 1st power up the TV those line are very thin like one string every few inches apart and about 6 of them. And as soon as I hit the menu button that's when the new vertical line show up on the far left of screen and some flicker a little

Comment

Same problem with the 70" vizio, i will be beginning my repair soon. Thanks guys

Comment

When I put the TV input on HDMI connected from my laptop and just have the left T-con cable in facing the Tv that side shows a quarter of a white screen and the rest vertical lines with no picture at all

with the Right T-con cable in (facing the TV) and with the TV input on HDMI i get a picture, but with the last quarter of that screen has vertical lines

Comment

hmmm... not sure what to say. Still get a feeling that the panel might be ok. I kind of recall some one else having similar problems AND not even having to remove the side drivers, it turned out to be an issue with the bottom cable connections. Did you clean and reconnect the "coupler flex cables" between the two bottom boards (I think there are two bottom boards per side ... based on my sharp experience).

Having said that, your test with the left side connect (tcon connected) showing white with vertical lines for the rest doesn't sound quite right / good.... especially when compared to the "swap". From clarification though, you indicate that with the right in you get a "picture" BUT is that for only part of the screen (ie. right "half") or the whole screen less the vertical lines section???

Sorry for all the questions and "comments". I know from my experience with the sharp, playing with the cabling provided me with lots of different "reactions" depending on what was going on... and it took a long time to isolate things.
                                      Last edited by budwich; 02-27-2016, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Frist of all I would like to say thank you for creating the "workaround" with the E701I-A3 video issue.
                                        I am very disappointed with Vizio...
                                        I am having a very similar issue. Powered on the E701I-A3, got the Vizio white logo, no video, then it goes completely dark but the sound works.
                                        Here are the steps that I tried with the working tcon:
                                        1)disconnected the right lower side ribbon, powered it on, "Vizio" logo appears with right side color distorted, then blank screen, no video thru hdmi, no menu, etc...
                                        2)connected the right lower side ribbon back, disconnected left lower side ribbon, powered it on, "Vizio" logo now appears with left side color distorted, then blank screen, no video thru hdmi, no menu, etc...
                                        3)is this still a driver issue? I am at a loss here, what else could it be? If this is a driver (either left or right) issue I should be able to see the picture, and from there determine which side is "bad", and remove the defective tab drivers... not the case here. Bad main board?
                                        Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Comment

pictures?

Comment

Working...
                                          X